Purpose of the position:
WVE is working closely with the government and other stakeholders in responding to the needs of the people affected by the conflict induced crises in Tigray its multi-sectoral response plan including ; Protection, Food and nutrition, WASH and Health. Protection interventions includes; prevention and response to all forms of violence against children, prevention, mitigation and response to gender based violence (GBV) and provision of mental health and psycho-social support for vulnerable children, women and other community groups.
The Child Protection in Emergency specialist will be accountable for the formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WVE supported emergency programming, with a focus on child protection and GBV prevention and responses. This work will be undertaken within the context of the broader WVE response to the IDP and humanitarian crisis work. The Child Protection in Emergency Specialist will also support the coordination of other emergency programming (health, food and nutrition, education, WASH) as relevant within the WVE response to emergency crisis work.
· Leads the preparation of ongoing situation reports, periodic updates and analyses, by compiling and analyzing data, and related information on overall IDP and humanitarian crisis in the target areas, with a specific focus on child protection/GBV, and prepare written inputs accordingly to inform effective program planning, development and management. Support efforts to ensure gender/sex disaggregated data and inputs relevant to the WVE supported-emergency program are collected, analyzed and reported on in a regular manner. Coordinates with staff on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper accountability.
· Undertakes regular field visits to project areas and IDP sites, to assess local conditions and monitor progress. Establishes contact with community groups and partners to keep abreast of emergency situation. Collect information; identify problems and constraints in order to ensure effective project delivery.
· Design, prepare, monitor and evaluate projects in the child protection (CP/GBV) sector in partnership with civil society and government actors. This includes working with existing WVE partners to strengthen CP/GBV components of ongoing work and identifying new partners to take forward an expanded portfolio of WVE’s work on CP. Monitor, analyses and evaluate project results to ensure achievement of objectives and take corrective action when necessary.
· Through advocacy and policy dialogue, including through Child Protection coordination framework, work to facilitate the understanding of the importance of addressing child protection by all stakeholders in the target area Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for child protection in emergency related activities. Participate in meetings with relevant local authorities, other actors and donors to discuss and represent WVE’s work.
· Actively participate in weekly, bi-weekly and monthly cluster meetings as it applies representing WVE and contribute to visibility and advocacy efforts.
· Ensure application of standards, guidelines and good practices for child protection, GBV and MHPSS in emergency related activitiesJob Requirements:Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
Required Professional Experience:
· At least three years relevant experience in child protection, GBV, MHPSS and related areas,
· Knowledge and experience on humanitarian response programming an asset.
· Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated emergency responses, including MHPSS, CP and Gender Based Violence.
· Awareness of or interest in community-based protection mechanisms.
· Direct case management and experience working with children, women and adolescents is an asset.
· Knowledge of and ability to implement integrated CP responses, including Gender Based Violence.
· Awareness of or interest in community-based protection mechanisms in emergency context.
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
· University degree in social work, sociology, psychology, education or other relevant fields.
· Demonstrated flexibility and creativity in planning and problem solving
· Proven competence in Statistical package including but not limited to SPSS, STATA, ODK, etc.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications:
· Knowledge of various technologies that can leverage programming, such as GIS, Mobile solutions in research, etc.
· Excellent communication and writing skills in Amharic and English.
Travel and/or Work Environment
Office based with travel requirement to target Weredas
How to Apply
Interested applicants are required to Write Position Title on the subject line and attach Current CV with three references & fill employment application form which can be found https://ift.tt/3pdnp3L) and email before the closing date of this announcement to Recruitment_ethiopia@wvi.org or through ethiojobs.net.
World vision has zero tolerance towards abuse and exploitation of children and vulnerable adults. Every prospective employee, volunteer, and intern is obliged to comply by world vision’s child and adult safeguarding policy."
Apply to Child Protection in Emergency Specialist at World Vision Ethiopia