International Rescue Committee Job Vacancy January 2022
Requisition ID: req23228
Job Title: Cash Transfer Assistant
Sector: Emergency Response
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Jijiga, Ethiopia
Scope and background: IRC has been present in Ethiopia since 2000 to respond to artificial and natural disasters. IRC is currently operational in five regional states and 24 refugee camps implementing a diverse range of multi-sectoral interventions. IRC currently responds to the needs of vulnerable HHs affected by conflict-induced displacement in Shebelle and Afder Zone and surrounding districts through a multi-sector interventions that address both short and long term needs. Under the program “Emergency life-saving and complimentary assistance to communities affected by draught in Elele and Qohle Woredas of Shebelle and Afder Zone”, IRC intends to implement a multipurpose cash transfer project in the two zone in collaboration with the government, INGOs, and governemnt partners to mitigate the impact of conflict and draught on the most vulnerable households (women, children, old people, and the person with a disability). The project intends to meet both food and non-food needs of the target households and their family members.
The post holder shall be responsible to support the distribution of cash and voucher assistance to Draught households in Elele and Qohle Woredas of Shebelle and Afder Zone, as per IRC SOPs.
Responsibilities: the key responsibilities include:
- To ensure that cash/voucher assistance is delivered to targeted households as per predetermined targeting criteria and in a safe manner;
- To make sure that all administrative and donor compliance steps are undertaken;
- Implement appropriate monitoring and evaluation systems including appropriate client compliant handling mechanism; ensure consistent reporting, documentation, and analysis of results to improve program efficiency and quality;
Scope of Role
- Reports to: IRC cash transfer officer based at JIgjiga, with technical mentorship from ERR manager r based in jigjiga on the administrative CVA tasks and technical backstopping
- Staff reporting to this post: NO
- Budget Responsibilities: None
With support from the IRC cash transfer officer and teams in Jigjiga , the Cash transfer Assistant shall:
- Assist in sensitization of local government structures, communities, and opinion leaders on the targeting criteria of the project;
- participate and support the identification and registration of the beneficiaries for this specific Cash assistant project for drought affected community in Qohle and Ellele woredas as per the criteria agreed with the project team
- Ensure the confidentiality and the support of targeted households during the cash/voucher assistance, by working with their families, community committees local government, and community leaders in supervising how the assistance is used and any other issue that might arise from the project;
- Responsible for delivery of regular cash/voucher transfers and helping ensure the management of any problems (if occurring) during planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of cash transfer project
- Actively participate in relevant field assessments to understand the beneficiaries’ needs, ensuring assessment findings are documented and communicated to all concerned project staff and that all assessments include a specific analysis of the most vulnerable groups such as women; old people, people with disability, unaccompanied/separated adolescents’ needs;
- Monitoring and Evaluation: Together with M&E staff and program officers, implement appropriate M&E systems and tools for cash transfer programming to measure quality programming and evaluate the impact, cost-effectiveness, and relevance of specific activities.
- Assist in the registration of targeted vulnerable HHs, ensuring their data is collected and stored appropriately, safely, and confidentially.
- Develop methods to support communication with beneficiaries and community engagement in the targeted areas
- Plan and coordinate activities with local authorities, community members, other implementing actors and partners at the woreda level;
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates to program officers and team members
Support the team to:
- Conduct assessment to identify the most vulnerable households in need of assistance using robust targeting methodology
- Carry out additional duties within reasonableness of his/her level of skills and experience ordered by his/her supervisor
- Ensure that you work to the best of your ability and demonstrate high levels of dedication to IRC and our vision, mission, and values to ensure the objectives of your role and the country program are met;
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all IRC resources to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace; and
- Follow the requirements of the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy to ensure maximum protection for children and their families.
- At least first-Degree qualification in, social science, international development, economics, or related relevant field
Experience and Skills:
- post graduate Degree in Agri-Business Management, Economics, Marketing, Rural Development, Banking, Project Management or similar with relative experience of the position demand.
- 0 year experience for BSc Degree holders and 2 years’ experience for Diploma holders.
- Experience and/or knowledge in Cash programming is an asset;
- Experience or competence working in an intercultural environment and
- Proficiency in written and spoken English;
- Excellent Microsoft Office applications skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Emails)
- Self-motivated and results orientated;
- Adaptability and flexibility: resilience, remains calm in high pressured situations, accepts new assignments and challenges, and responds efficiently to change
- Adherence to the IRC Code of Conduct understands, other international development guidelines.
- Develop and maintain effective coordination and long-term relationships with external parties, representing IRC positions in case delegated by the manager, promoting long-term strategy and resolving problems/conflicts.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of organizational strength
- Good listener, concerted and flexibility, and creativity.
Apply to Cash Transfer Assistant