Technical Technical Director, OVC for USAID Caring for Vulnerable ChildrDirector, OVC for USAID Caring for Vulnerable Children Activity (CVC) Project. Vacancy in Ethiopia 2021
The Technical Director, OVC is responsible for technical oversight of building the capacity of local organizations, community-based structures, and other actors and processes that facilitate high quality and comprehensive HIV and social services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) and their caregivers. The role involves coping with humanitarian emergency situations for the implementation of the program particularly in the Tigray region. It includes technical oversight of the program components focused on comprehensive case management and primary prevention of violence and HIV among adolescents. This includes design, implementation and quality assurance of technical strategies and interventions to ensure the fulfilment of project deliverables, providing technical assistance for implementing partners as well as promoting collaboration and technical performance of key program areas, focused on OVC case management and HIV Prevention.
· The Technical Director, OVC leads the development and implementation of strategies for strengthening implementation of OVC priorities especially a) The OVC Comprehensive Component b) Primary prevention of violence and HIV among adolescents, c) Gender Based Violence (GBV) support program in Tigray region and other geographical areas where CVC implements activities.
· Working closely with relevant staff of sub awardees, contractor teams and stakeholders to; a) oversee the enrolment of priority sub populations of the program by prioritizing enrolling OVC from clinical setup or higher volume clinics, b) plan and monitor interventions with them, including scaling up of index testing of biological children (<19) to enhance case finding and enhancing treatment linkage and viral load suppression.
· Coordinates the referral services and ensures differentiated package of comprehensive case management services from the community to the health facilities and vice versa.
· H/she provides technical expertise for the development and implementation of technical guidelines, materials, tools and standard operating procedures to ensure local organizations are equipped with the knowledge, skills and resources to effectively implement OVC strategies and direction.
· H/she fosters adherence to program quality standards to ensure the fulfilment of project deliverables through promoting innovation, improved methodologies, and supporting project implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities, contributing to knowledge capture and dissemination of key learnings to key stakeholders within the CVC Activity.
· Works closely with Monitoring and Evaluation staff to define data needs related to OVC Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (MER) and custom indicators, to regularly analyze micro-level program data, and to report upon progress and results in a timely fashion.
· H/she builds relationships with key stakeholders, and actively collaborates with implementing partners, government counterparts, contractor partner teams and other key stakeholders to effectively support program implementation and address programmatic questions and challenges.
· Recommends evidence-based improvements in the delivery of OVC services.
· Works closely with the Chief of party to ensure that technical prioritiesand program results for the CVC project are well coordinated, well communicated, and fully disseminated among key stakeholders.
Ensures quality and timely preparation of routine and non-routine project reports, success stories and technical briefs as may be required.
· May supervise a team of technical staff.
Minimum Requirements and Desired Qualifications:
· Advanced Degree or higher in social work, social sciences or a closely related field is required. A Master’s Degree or higher is highly desirable.
· 12+ years of experience as a specialist in designing, delivery, and quality assurance for the implementation of OVC and/or youth development programming/initiatives in/for a reputable NGO or donor agency is required.
· Thorough knowledge and understanding of project management principles, theories, practices and especially on implementing partner, community and Government engagement processes.
· Experience in supporting institutional systems strengthening and in capacity development (training, mentoring, technical assistance provision) of local implementing partners is highly desired.
· Practical experience and demonstrated technical expertise in PEPFAR-funded HIV and OVC programming and reporting requirements –in Ethiopia is desired.
· Experience in training social workers on aspects related to case management and youth development.
· Experience providing technical advice, designing, and conducting social science research programs in related fields in a similar context.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of business development processes, specifically proposal development, within an international NGO context.
· Articulate, professional, and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and teams.
· Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
· Ability to motivate, influence and work well with others to achieve organizational goals.
· Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
Travel Requirements: 25-50%
How to apply:
How to Apply
We offer competitive compensation and outstanding benefit package. Interested candidates are encouraged to email their updated resume and cover letter as one document to HREthiopia@fhi360.org to be received by December 24,2021. Please make sure you write the position title you are applying for in the subject line.
FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
Women applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that the position is open to Ethiopian nationals and only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Apply to Technical Technical Director, OVC for USAID Caring for Vulnerable ChildrDirector, OVC for USAID Caring for Vulnerable Children Activity (CVC) Project.