Doing the right thing. We are active in Switzerland and 15 countries on four continents. Join us with a commitment to help us bring about a more caring society, here in Ethiopia.
Caritas Switzerland (CACH) is an international development and humanitarian organization, a nongovernmental aid agency and member of Caritas Internationalis. CACH works worldwide and adheres to international humanitarian principles (NGO code of conduct). CACH has been supporting various projects/programs in Ethiopia since 1974 and currently the organization is registered by the Agency of Civil Societies Organization (ACSO) with License # 3676, according to the proclamation of the country. CACH’s main working fields are the field of agricultural development and food security, WASH as well as supporting and implementing emergency and relief operations. Our current working areas are in Oromia, Sidama and SNNP Regions.
Summary of Duties
Supports the Ethiopia programme in all tasks related to
- Human Resources (HR)
- Operational administration
Main Areas of Responsibility
- Plans and coordinates security operations for specific events
- Assists staff when responding to emergencies and alarms
- Organizes reports on incidents, files documents and informs supervisor
- Maintains security systems and equipment in the office and executes minor repairs
- Reports to supervisor on a timely basis, in particular incidents of security breaches that relate to the office operations
- Assists in maintaining appropriate filing systems
- Manages the HR files
- Ensures the accuracy and completeness of the digitized documents ((e.g. copies of contracts, job descriptions, Code of Conducts contact lists, etc.)
- Supports recruitment processes
- Supports the Office Administration in the renewal of residence visas, work permits, driving licenses for expatriate staff by liaising with the appropriate government authority
- Performs any additional task as per the instruction of the supervisors
Duty stations will be Addis Ababa country office.Job Requirements:
The ideal candidate represents the majority of the below mentioned areas
- A University Degree in office management, business administration, accounting, supplies management or any other related field. Bachelor degree in one of these or related fields is an advantage
- Minimum of six years’ relevant experience in similar organizations for diploma graduates and 3 years for bachelor degree graduates
- Successful and proven experience in managing multiple tasks in a modern busy office environment.
- Ability to work with computers
- Excellent communication and team-working skills, with the ability to build good relations, both internally and externally
- Excellent command of English
- Commitment to the vision, mission and values of CARITAS Switzerland.
Applicants send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) as PDF. Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered. Deadline for application is December 27, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application to be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to Security/ HR Assistant Job Vacancy at CARITAS Switzerland (CACH)