ActionAid Ethiopia Job Vacancy
Position: Protection Programme Coordinator
Reports to: Head of Program
Type of Contract: Contract
Required Number: One
Duty Base: Addis Ababa with frequent field visit
The role holder will be a key person in addressing the protection components of ActionAid Ethiopia’s humanitarian programs. The scope of the role will also include all humanitarian programs supported by ActionAid Ethiopia directly and in collaboration with partners. The role holder’s focus will be to spearhead protection programs as per ActionAid’s humanitarian frameworks, policies and principles.
- Provide technical support on Protection in general, and Gender-Based Violence (GBV) in particular, to project staff and partners, including women and youth groups from the affected community, in order to promote women-led and community-based solutions to protection issues and to the broader humanitarian needs identified in the region.
- Lead on protection needs assessments and rapid gender assessments, ensuring a gender lens is applied at all stages of humanitarian responses.
- Lead on the design and implementation of the protection program as relevant and contribute to its monitoring and evaluation.
- Participate in relevant project meetings as appropriate, providing updates of protection and GBV needs and capacities, as well as of the implementation of the protection project.
- Provide technical trainings as well as ongoing in-person supervision to relevant staff, partners and community representatives, to enable them to conduct protection risk analysis, identify protection issues and mitigation strategies, and safely refer protection cases according to referral pathways.
- Collaborate with other humanitarian actors, participate in relevant Cluster meetings (e.g., Protection Cluster, GBV Sub-Cluster) and promote the participation of local partners as well as women group’s representatives as appropriate.
- Ensure that humanitarian responses are of high quality in line with international protection standards, GBV best practices and guidelines, and ActionAid’s feminist approach to Protection.
- Feed into policy and advocacy outputs as necessary, by providing evidence-based information of women and girls’ needs and capacities, as well as of the protection project’s impact.
- Ensures the integration of AAE’s safeguarding and SHEA approaches in our protection programmes.
- Prepares and produces periodic reports of the protection related and other programme activities of the LRP
- Takes initiatives to document and share modeling works on protection and in building organizational competencies
- The position holder takes protection and accountability perspectives in all our humanitarian actions; map out and assess the nature of the risk/ protection concerns and advise on strategies for addressing the concerns effectively.
Bachelor and/or Master’s Degree in psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, and other related social science disciplines with a minimum of five years with BSc or 4 years for MA/MSc with proven experience.
- Proven experience in the design and implementation of women’s protection programs and emergency programs protection
- Experience in the context of emergency, conflict, and/or recovery phase is an asset.
- Strong task management skills, including attention to details.
- Good understanding of and commitment to follow international standards such as the Sphere Handbook, particularly on Protection, Human Rights Based Approaches and GBV.
- Commitment to enhance women and youth’s leadership in emergencies and to implement ActionAid’s women-led community-based protection approach.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team environment.
- Adherence to AAE’s Safety and Safeguarding policies
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their application letter along with recent CV no later than 19th December, 2021 via:ethiojobs portal Or ActionAid Ethiopia, P.O. Box 1261, Addis Ababa Or E-mail it to: email@example.com
“ActionAid will be conducting safeguarding reference checks on the successful candidate"
Please clearly indicate the title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only Shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Note that applications received after the deadline shall not be considered
Apply to Protection Programme Coordinator at ActionAid Ethiopia