- Ensuring quality design and implementation of SoH´s humanitarian and Developmental program, as well as high standards of accountability to donors and affected populations.
- Operationalization of SoH Ethiopia Community System for humanitarian/emergency response and resilience building.
- Participate in field humanitarian needs assessments in rapid-onset and on-going emergency settings, and serves in various roles on emergency response teams as required including but not limited to start-up, close-out, and scoping missions.
- Participate in field and needs assessment to shape program design of potential new or ongoing programs.
- Develop and sharing of comprehensive needs assessment reports.
- Develop or provide support to budgets for new humanitarian programs.
- Represents and link SoH to relevant coordination forums (Community, Regional and/or National) to gather and share information relevant to SoH programs or strategies.
- Serving as a liaison between communities, country team, and partner organizations to facilitate information gathering and proposal design.
- Support and contribute to the development and implementation of MEAL systems, including M&E, guidance and tools, in compliance with SoH national and global policies
- Ensure SOH’s planning, monitoring, and evaluation processes meet the sector standards and comply with external accountability requirements.
- Develop and review the project's MEAL plan in collaboration with the program/project team. Agree on project performance indicators, methods of data collection and storage, monitoring timeframes and roles/ responsibilities,
- Assess promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options and disseminate the learning outcomes to all concerned actors.
- Engage in developing data collection methodology and tools and ensure the actual data collection is conducted with quality.
- Compile and prepare all relevant MEAL reports (assessment, baseline, midterm, and end line) timely and guide the program team to practice result-based management.
- Ensure that monitoring data are reported promptly to relevant programs and managerial staff and stakeholders.
- Ensure Community Feedback and Response Mechanisms are put in place and follow the functionality and respond to queries promptly by partners
- Supports SoH funded projects in planning for and during implementation of Community Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) providing opportunity for beneficiaries to receive information about our commitment and standards, raise suggestions and recommendations for improvements, and understand protocols for action to be taken in response.
- Setup and regularly update project databases of the country
- Support the partners staff in planning and executing M&E, including, data collection methodology and tools and data management, analysis and use
- Support the regular project reviews with by presenting M&E data and findings with a view to continuously improve program performance
- Contribute to organizational learning through supporting specific analysis, lessons learned and reports;
- Provide technical support for quantitative and qualitative analysis for donor reports;
- Put in place all the necessary tools and procedures for Accountability to affected populations
- Roll out Complaint and Feedback Mechanism in all project sites and support the complaint and response assistance.
- Maintain complaints and feedback tracking database and do follow up on complaints to reach a resolution involving relevant project/program staff;
- Planning and implementation of baseline surveys, monitoring and evaluation exercises and
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure strict compliance to SoH´s national and international policies, procedures and practices, including adherence to Do No Harm and child protection.
The responsibilities listed in the job description are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field Monitoring and Evaluation, Project Management, statistics, demographics, international development or related
- Minimum of five years of experience working project management and field of monitoring and evaluation, 3 years of minimum experience with NGOs. Experience working in marginalized and hard to reach areas will be added advantage.
- Previous experience in implementation/management of Emergency and Developmental projects. Experience in implementing major donor (USAID, BMZ, ECHO, GIZ etc) funded projects will be an added advantage.
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating M&E systems from project initiation to close out.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance management, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it effectively to diverse audiences; ability to design and implement efficient workflows and procedures.
- Fluency in English and Amharic; excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Computer proficiency in Windows environment and data management softwares.
- Willingness to travel to different locations.
- Knowledge of the local context.
- Knowledge of Project management, including project design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Knowing additional local language skills is considered an asset.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to submit their application indicating salary expectation and detailed CVs including three professional referees, with a passport photo to email@example.com by 28th December, 2021. The Email title should have the subject “PMEAL Officer”
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.