For nearly 60 years, CRS has taken the lead in responding to natural and man-made disasters affecting Ethiopia's most vulnerable communities. Moving beyond emergency response, CRS' disaster mitigation and recovery projects in drought and flood-prone areas have rebuilt individual and community assets through non-food aid in the form of agriculture, livestock, health, nutrition, and water and sanitation assistance. CRS's humanitarian work in Ethiopia also provides livelihoods support to farmers and entrepreneurs, promotes gender equality, mobilizes for immunization and mitigates the impact of HIV.
As part of CRS family, you will join the more than 5000 strong and vibrant individuals working globally to accomplish the mission of CRS. CRS/Ethiopia invites you, the qualified candidate, to apply for the following position.
Position Title: Project Officer - Sub-Recipients
Duty Station: CRS Ethiopia/Addis Ababa
Required Number: One
Employment Term: Indefinite Period
Reports To: Program Manager I - Grants
Application Deadline: December 26, 2021
As part of program grant team, you will liaise with the different program sectors, supply chain, requisition preparers, finance and admin teams and ensure approved sub-recipient agreements and Agreement Review Summaries (ARS) are obtained in both hard copies and soft copies for each project.
- Ensures all information like POET codes, amounts and agreement periods are correct; and Contract Purchase Agreement (CPA) and Purchase Order (PO) are created in Supply Chain Management (SCM) system.
- Ensures by closely working with budget managers, partners and CRS finance team that all advances to partners of different projects/grants are released on time.
- Ensures PO is created for every SR advance request and the PO reference number created by the system is shown on the request.
- Works closely with partners to ensure project advances and reimbursements are in accordance with approved budgets as per the PO.
- Ensures purchase requisition, approved SR agreements and ARS are in place for all projects.
- Maintains separate files for each partner, complete with all the necessary documents. (Approved Project Budget, Budget amendments, grant agreements, grant modifications, information on opening and closing dates of projects) and upload on Gateway.
- Ensures CPAs are set in the SCM module for all existing and new agreements with partners for obligated amounts for one year or less.
- Ensures the CPA dates are extended before its expiry dates per the agreements with the SR for multiyear projects.
- Ensures any amendments in the budget, project period, etc. with partner is updated in the SCM.
- Ensure detailed expenditure type, project number and tasks are captured in the PO detail line for each project before it is approved.
- Supports partners to prepare financial documents and verify whether they are accurate, valid, and are supported by necessary attachments.
- Tracks SR budgets including modification, expenditures and extracts ageing reports for the SR advances and questioned costs and report to the PM.
- In coordination with Finance team, ensures account reconciliation is conducted on regular basis
- Work with finance and program team as required.
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
BA/MA degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration strongly preferred.
2 years relevant experience for MA or 4 years relevant experience for BA degree
Experience in Program finance, Project budget management, accounting, preferably with an international or local NGO.
Experience and skills in networking and relations with donors, government, other peer organizations.
Able to work on a high level with financial software, Excel, and Power Point.
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in multi-cultural environment.
Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies.
Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail.
Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics.
Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results oriented.
Ability to work collaboratively
Knowledge of local law in taxation and local regulatory reporting procedures.
How To Apply:
You should fill the application form through this link: https://ift.tt/3F3rqNO and attach your up-to-date CV on/before the application deadline December 26, 2021
You will be contacted only if selected for written exam/interview. Phone solicitations will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only.
CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking.
** Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply**
Apply to Project Officer - Sub-Recipients