International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Driver Light Vehicles
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated and qualified person to fill the position of Driver Light Vehicles, based in Jijiga.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strict adherence to safety and security internal rules and national traffic laws;
- Proper conduct in carrying out routine works (town moves and field trips);
- Accountability and clear understanding of the impact of the own actions, communication and level of collaboration required for the organization and for the colleagues on their activities;
- Ensure vehicles conformity, kept clean, fully functional, properly equipped and contribute to the execution of maintenance plan in time and manner are also attributed for this position, under Dispatcher leadership;
- Assist Mechanics on complex maintenance cases;
- Ensures that odometer control, check lists and other mandatory forms are correctly filled out and forwarded to Dispatcher and others related to fleet management each time a vehicle is assigned;
- Ensures that technical and personal security standards are always followed, driver and passengers;
- Actively assists warehousing team in keeping spare parts inventory updated;
- Acts as an interpreter whenever necessary and maintain good personal hygiene and neat dressing habits;
- Drives carefully to avoid damage or loss to cargo and assists with loading and offloading of personal effects;
- Handles shipping documents (Waybills, etc.) with utmost care and according to procedures;
- Operates HF and VHF radio communication equipment according ICRC procedures;
- Maintains constant awareness of surroundings; immediately reports any unusual situation or event that may affect the trip/mission itself, passengers or ICRC operations in general.
Certifications / Education required
- Technical school diploma or equivalent experience (high school level);
- Good oral skills and basic reading and writing skills in English;
- Good computer skills (Word and Excel basic user level);
- Driving license Grade III or equivalent;
- Practical knowledge of 4x4 vehicles driving and VF/HF radio use
Professional Experience required
- 03 years of experience in a similar function with good record;
- Basic mechanical skills;
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment;
- Very good knowledge of the local area and integration into a professional network;
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Sub Delegation in Jijiga OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O. Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Women applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for application: 17th December 2021
Apply to Driver Light Vehicles