TITLE: Deputy Team Lead - Response Operations
REPORTS TO: Team Lead- Response Operations
LOCATION: Addis Ababa
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Deputy Response Team Lead is directly responsible for the management of the overall quality implementation of projects across the response areas. S/he is responsible for the development and implementation of the response plans. The deputy team lead shall ensure that individual accountabilities for this at the response areas are clearly stated, understood and internalized.
The role holder supports the Team Lead in program implementation, in facilitating key relationships between various team at all levels, particularly Area Managers in each Region where the response is ongoing and other CO units (PDQ, HR, Finance, and Safety & Security).
Performs other related tasks as required and as assigned by his/her immediate line manager.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Programme Support and implementation:
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child safeguarding, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Lead the response in ensuring integrated logistics, project management and, where required, other administrative, advisory and support services to field offices/programmes are in place and
- Ensure effective and impactful programme/project implementation plan is in place according to donor guidelines and SC standards.
- Closely work with the Awards and Finance teams to ensure the creation and implementation of effective response finance and awards management systems at country and field office level.
- Take overall lead in compiling the Humanitarian Response monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports against the Response Strategy and relevant operational plans.
- Ensure strong Monitoring, evaluation and accountability mechanisms are in place.
- Lead the creation and implementation of effective safety and security management systems at field office levels, in collaboration with Staff Safety and Security team.
- Work with the CO Supply Chain team to ensure the effective functioning of response logistics systems to procure, store and distribute stock, supplies and services for the timely delivery of project objectives at national level. Coordinate with Deputy Team Leader Programmes to ensure that programme supply strategies are in place.
- Work with Deputy Team Leader - Programmes to oversee institutionalisation of MEAL systems to ensure timely and effective delivery of programme/projects activities and outputs as well as appropriate accountability to donors, communities and children
- As a member of a response Senior Management Team, play a leadership role in the overall management of the responses.
- In coordination with the Deputy Team Leader - Programmes ensure the preparation of timely programme and donor reports on project activities in compliance with internal SC requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Take overall leadership on ensuring operational staffing needs (both national and international) for emergency programmes are met - this will include scale up of teams as well as scale down at the end of a response. This will include leading on staffing structure, recruitment, and performance management.
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained in accordance with the Sphere Charter and Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Coordinate with SC members and HQ teams to ensure that operational backstopping support is in place.
- Plan, identify and resource appropriate and effective structure & staffing needs for operation side of the response.
- Ensure response staff understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, core values and the Code of Conduct.
- Oversee the delivery of capacity building plans to develop the requisite operational competencies.
Budget Management and Planning
- Support the development master budgets aligned with the Response objectives, for the duration of the response and for multiple sites and multiple sectors where appropriate.
- Leads the implementation of response budgets, while keeping relevant stakeholders informed and ensuring corrective actions are taken where required.
- Ensure preparation of a timely programme delivery and donor reporting on project activities in compliance with internal requirements and any relevant external donor requirements.
- Oversee effective functioning of supply chain systems to procure, store and distribute stock, supplies and services for the timely delivery of response objectives
Representation & Advocacy & Organisational Learning:
- Help shape broader sector strategies through influence of and leadership within inter-agency coordination forums, ensuring the specific needs of children are being addressed
- Take the initiative in documenting lessons learnt, best practice and case studies to shape in-country strategies and programme approaches, and contribute to broader sector learning.
- Support implementation of response review framework (OCR, RTR, AAR and EHA) and ensure follow up and implementation of recommended actions
- Pro-actively identify advocacy opportunities, case studies and research opportunities which link with wider organisational strategic objectives, and turn these into action.
- Support organisational level operational practice, innovation and learning in consultation with relevant advisory teams.
- COMPETENCIES FOR THIS ROLE:
- Delivering Results
Takes personal responsibility and holds others accountable for delivering our ambitious goals for children, continually improving their own performance or that of the team/ organisation.
Level required: Accomplished
Problem Solving and Decision-Making
Takes effective, considered and timely decisions by gathering and evaluating relevant information from within or outside the organisation.
Level required: Accomplished
Innovating and Adapting
Develops and implements innovative solutions to adapt and succeed in ever-changing and
uncertain global and working environments.
Level required: Accomplishe
Working Effectively with Others
Works collaboratively to achieve shared goals and thrives on diversity of people and perspectives; knows when to lead and when to follow and how to ensure effective cross-boundary working.
Level required: Accomplished
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Extensive experience of working within a senior management role within a complex country programme in an emergency response or fragile state; and/or extensive experience of setting up responses in out of area contexts (either where no SC presence or CO presence); and/or extensive experience of working in insecure contexts
Previous experience of managing programme teams in large-scale first phase emergency response is essential
BA Degree level or equivalent field experience.
Previous experience of managing a large multi-sector, multi-national team
Previous experience of programme management across multiple locations
Experience of managing multi-donor, multi-site, multi-sector programmes (including ECHO, DFID and OFDA) Security management experience across a large programme.
Demonstrated ability to set up operational management systems in a large complex programme
In depth knowledge and experience of logistics systems and requirements in a multi field office, multi programme setting
Experience of supporting MEAL systems in large complex programmes
Proven ability of mentoring and coaching
Experience of senior level representation
Experience of developing and negotiating successful partnerships with institutional donors
Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
Excellent communication skills
Proven ability to influence change at an operational and strategic level
Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
A high level of written and spoken English
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=Zi50ZXMuMTE3MDAuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkcmVuYW8uYXBsaXRyYWsuY29t