- Ensuring adequate controls over cash & bank management are constantly monitored & updated to minimize the risk of fraud or misappropriation.
- Recording and maintaining office petty cash
- Preparing payments of invoices, contracts of services, purchases, statutory deductions
- Checking that all receipts/invoices recorded in the cash book are physically present at the end of the month in the invoice/receipt file
- Recording all the expenses in cash and in bank ledger books,
- Consolidating monthly accounts ensuring proper monthly accounts closure including monthly cash counts are conducted.
- Producing organized monthly accounting documents for review by the Regional Accountant.
- In collaboration with Country Representative and Nairobi team, to participate in preparation of reports for donor agencies as required.
- Participating in project budget creation, revision and tracking.
- S/he will provide hands on support on all financial operations of SoH program in the country.
- S/he will be a member of the Project management team and will be expected to play an active role in assisting the Country Representative and team to develop a strong and strategic country presence, as necessary.
- S/he will assist in safeguarding the assets (financial and physical) of SoH against fraud, loss or misuse.
- Responsible for ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, SOH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- S/he will be expected to be aware of and adheres to, SoH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- S/he will have primary responsibility for ensuring that SoH operations in country are functioning efficiently and effectively, and aligned to support attainment of project results, donor regulations and SoH policies.
- Ensuring proper filing of accounting and other crucial documents in docuware
- Ensuring tax compliance.
- Preparing monthly payroll and processing staff payment
- Assisting in monitoring of staff leaves in a dedicated tracking tool.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor in line with your duties.
The responsibilities listed in the job description are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Management in similar field for 5 years of relevant work experience
- OR Master’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, and a similar field and 3 years of relevant work experience.
Required Minimum Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration, Accounting or any related field.
- Holder of Certified Accounting Certificate will be an added advantage.
Advanced knowledge of office management software like MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word)
Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
Experience in accounting software preferably in diamant and winpacs accounting softwares will be an added advantage
Ability to convey the highest standards of integrity, transparency and professionalism throughout working
Ability to create and monitor budgets. Understanding of the basic tenets of Cash Control, Asset Management, and Bank Reconciliation.
Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Accountant with Non-profit making organizations.
Understanding of key aspects of accounting and good report writing skills
Experience working with international organizations and BMZ funded projects will be an added advantage.
Travel requirements: Availability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
How to apply:
How to Apply
Qualified candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to submit their application indicating salary expectation and detailed CVs including three professional referees, with a passport photo to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th December, 2021. The Email title should have the subject “Accountant”
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.**