External Vacancy Advertisement
Position – Warehouse Officer
the warehouse officer will be accountable for assisting in ensuring proper safety, security and handling of all SCI assets in the assigned Woreda and stock to the best interest of the organization resources utilization priorities; met and delivered in accordance with timescales set and agreed with programme staff and SCI systems, polices, and procedures.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the standard warehouse and stock management control system
- comply to and implement the procedure on effective and efficient use of SCI resources in order to keep cost low and ensure safety in the workplace to the best interest of the organization
- Receive items as per the purchase or dispatch note, count them according to their dispatch or purchase requisition order, check and inspect their conditions. Missing items or items in bad conditions must be noted one the carrier's copy of the delivery note and should be returned immediately to the dispatcher
- Ensure the proper dispatch of items are sent to field offices from the store and follow up that proper receipts are sent from the receiving office.
- Automatically update bin cards and stock cards and workout the balance whenever items are received or dispatched
- Issue all items from the store or receive items to the store after proper authorization/approval regularly check and maintain the slandered safety and security of the store
- Efficiently utilize store rooms: display items in accordance with their natural homogeneity; discriminate items that need special care and protection, locate fast moving item at accessible place; maintain proper stock records and minimum re-order level.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Maintain appropriate stock of frequently used supplies through establishing a reorder level consistent with monthly usage
- Safeguarding commodities from any type of damages. To this effect, the assistant store keeper must ensure that: Storage is safe and clean, and protects commodities from damage and loss, expiry dates of perishable commodities are regularly followed, goods are kept according to their homogeneity, and all materials must be kept visibly separate
- Prepare and submit Weekly, Monthly, and Quarterly Stock Reports to the line manager as needed
- Ensure warehouses are clean and goods are well organized according to their type and homogeneity at all times
- Ensure the effective and efficient use of all Save the Children resources in order to keep costs low and ensure safety in the workplace
- Ensure that all incoming assets are registered in the asset database before issuing them to the requesters and field offices
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- BA Degree or College Diploma in purchasing, supplies management, warehouse management, Business Administration
- Recommended a minimum of 1-year warehouse management experience for the Degree holders and 2 years for the diploma holders in Ware house management
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- Fluency in Somali language required
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, preferred
- Commitment to Save the Children values
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. The duty station of the position holder will be in Fer-Fer Woreda of Shabelle Zone Somali Regional State in Ethiopia. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://ift.tt/2RlbDkf
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants who meet the MINIMUM requirements should apply using the
below link: https://ift.tt/314FH8x
on or before 16 Sept, 2021
Apply to Save the Children Ethiopia Vacancy 2021 | Warehouse Officer