Information Management Officer - Ethiopia - National - Seconded to the Shelter/NFI Cluster - based in Mekelle Vacancy in Ethiopia
iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
The key objective of the Cluster’s Information Management Officer (IMO) will be to contribute towards the effective provision of emergency shelter assistance to the affected population.
Under the overall supervision of the S/NFI Sub-National Cluster Coordinator, the successful candidate will support the Shelter/NFI cluster through timely and efficient provision of required information management services. The IMO will be based in Mekelle, Tigray.
1. Development of simple, user-friendly emergency shelter assistance reporting formats in consultation with the cluster coordinator and other key stakeholders; these reporting formats should include provision for gender desegregation of data and report on more vulnerable groups, they should also be complementary to the information collection and reporting systems of other sector working groups;
2. Promotion of and training on the use of these reporting tools among cluster partners and other stakeholders.
3. Gathering and collating data on emergency shelter needs assessments and assistance is provided in a timely and efficient manner, including feedback and/or issues raised by the affected population.
4. Provide regular updates, summaries, mapping and analysis on the assessed needs and response of the cluster
5. Identification and reporting of any gaps in shelter & NFI assistance to the cluster.
6. Generating monthly Dashboard to inform donors, partners, and other stockholders.
7. Development and implementation of methods to share this information, as well as broader information on shelter needs and solutions which the cluster wants to develop and/or share, with all concerned stakeholders and the affected population;
8. Maintain and update the cluster’s contact list and mailing lists
9. Participate in the Inter-Cluster, IM Working Group and coordinate with OCHA and other clusters’ IMOs to ensure complementarity and cross-sectoral analysis of information.
10. Collective monthly data from partners, analyzing and generating reports as required by the cluster or OCHA.
11. Monthly submission of RPM reports to OCHA.
12. Participate in the development and analysis of HNO, HRP and any other OCHA and cluster coordinator request.
13. Coordinate with regional focal points to provide IM support. Identify and promote the localization or handover of regional information management services to appropriate agencies as appropriate.
Training and capacity building of national authorities and civil society
Promote and support the training of humanitarian personnel and capacity building of humanitarian partners.
Support efforts to strengthen the capacity of the national authorities and civil society.
1. Support the Sub-National Cluster Coordinator to coordinate program implementation, develop appropriate strategies to meet needs identified, and ensure adequate reporting and information sharing.
2. Any other tasks that may be required (within reason) to achieve the objective of this assignment.
3. Provision of adequate handover, including the provision of brief guidance notes and counter-parting where possible.
Maps: Shelter & NFI Cluster- Monthly
Monthly 5Ws and Gap Analysis.
3. HRP and HNO targets and PINs- Ongoing
- Maintaining and updating online Dashboard Data- Monthly
5. Quarterly Fact Sheet- Quarterly
Updating and maintain Contact List
Analysing and updating Pipeline and stock reports- Monthly
Developing priority and Partners Mapping- Monthly
Partner’s presence data and Map- Monthly
- Master’s degree in information technology, Demography, Statistics, and Social Sciences.
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Between 2 to 4 years’ experience in a similar position, including direct experience as an information manager. Previous experience in the Shelter Cluster would be an asset
- Knowledge of Cluster mechanisms, UN coordination systems and Humanitarian Reform process
- Knowledge of different data collection methodologies. Proven skills to analyse statistical information. Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures. Ability to translate planning-specifications into technical briefs for data capture and analysis, and vice versa.
- Knowledge and experience of shelter-related programs with understanding on natural disaster and conflict-related emergencies and contexts.
- Soft skills
- Accountability – takes responsibility for action and manages constructive criticisms
- Client Orientation – works effectively well with client and stakeholders
- Continuous Learning – promotes continuous Learning for self and others
- Communication – listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
- Creativity and Initiative – actively seeks new ways of improving programs or services
- Leadership and Negotiation – develops effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Performance Management – identify ways and implement actions to improve the performance of self and others.
- Planning and Organizing - plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility.
- Professionalism - displays mastery of subject matter
- Teamwork – contributes to a collegial team environment; incorporates gender related needs, perspectives, concerns, and promotes equal gender participation.
- Technological Awareness - displays Awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Resource Mobilization - works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM ( optional depending on position level)
- PHP and HTML
- GIS systems and supporting software ESRI ArcMap10.2
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply:
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/270