The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information, visit website: https://www.icrc.org/
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Delegation in Ethiopia is looking to hire an experienced, highly motivated HR Intern (3 months with possibility extension according to needs) based in Addis Ababa.
Required number: 2
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruitment, selection, onboarding and exit
- Support the assigned HR Officer on recruitment, selection, and onboarding projects and processes as required (registration, follow-up tools, file management etc)
- Assist the receipt, organization and registration of applications received in person
- Assists the facilitation of appointments with candidates for selection tests and interviews, booking and arrangement of rooms and computers, and supervision of paper and computer-based employment tests
- Opens/documents the recruitment and personal files
- Assists the management of recruitment follow-up data and reports using available tools
- Assists the HRO on follow-up of clearance process of exiting employees and ensures that all documents linked to the end-of-contract process are filed in the HR file of the concerned ex-staff member
- Assists the HRO in Leave data analysis and leave planners managemen
- File and Records management with close guidance of the concerned HROs,
- Manages the HR Department’s project for 2021 to digitalize HR personal files
- Organizes and maintains active HR personnel files as per ICRC procedures
- Systematically and promptly file documents into personnel files of each staff to keep them audit ready
- Organizes and maintains archives of HR personnel files and update the archives’ follow up file in Sharepoint
- Audit all personnel files for full compliance and proactively pursue staff for documents to complete their HR file
- Assist the preparation of staff lists, pictures, and service request letters to be submitted to the Staff ID Cards vendor
- Assists the distribution of IDs for employees, collect signatures for receipts, and put copies of IDs in the personnel files
Training and Performance management
- Files training certificates (internal & external trainings) in personal files
- Support the management of offline performance review; liaise with concerned line managers for the annual launch of forms, follow-up and collection of reviewed & signed off forms, uploading of forms and overall ratings in systems and documentation.
Compensation and benefits
- Supports the preparation and distribution of letters for regular staff salary increases and ensure the proper filing of same; participates in preparation of files for mass uploads
- Assists in compilation of data collected by HR Surveys
- When requested, provides administrative support for payroll and absence management processes
- Degree/Diploma in Human Resource Management/ Management.
- 2 years' work experience in a similar field
- Very good computer skills and HRIS Databases
How to Apply
Electronic application can be made ONLY through the ethiojobs.net website. Alternatively, you can submit application & CV with copies of relevant documents in person to the ICRC Delegation in Addis Ababa (Around Megenagna, in front of EIAR, around Egziabher ab church OR, send to the ICRC Delegation Addis Ababa, Human Resources Department, P.O.Box 5701, Addis Ababa.
Closing date: September 19, 2021
Women and persons with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted at all stages of the selection process
Apply to ICRC Ethiopia Vacancy 2021 | HR Intern