COOPI is looking for a Head of Mission in Ethiopia
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. COOPI has been taking action to improve food security among the most vulnerable groups, through the integration and diversification of livelihoods and the increase of production capacity. It has also facilitated access to clean water and has promoted efficient irrigation systems. Thanks to its projects, COOPI has improved sanitation in homes, schools and health centres and has disseminated good hygiene practices.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Mission is responsible for the country coordination in its different aspects: staff, logistics, budget and procedures’ respect. S/he represents COOPI in its relations with the donors, institutions, NGOs, local government and international agencies. Cooperates with the Regional Coordination in the definition of the Country Strategy and the intervention priorities. Guarantees the correct project implementation and ensures the Country Regulation presence and respect as well as the compliance with the organization and donors’ procedures.
- Manages relations with the main institutional donors and with the potential ones;
- Represents COOPI in the country/area by engaging in relations with institutions, NGOs, local and international organizations and partners;
- Is responsible of the organization’s reputation in the country.
Strategy and Planning
- Verifies and proposes to the Regional Coordinator the intervention priorities to consolidate the organization’s opportunity to be more involved in the country;
- Contributes the definition of the Country Strategy and proposes the country strategy implementation plan (projects and coordination).
- Coordinates and directly monitors projects, guaranteeing the correct implementation in conformity with the contractual obligations and donors’ procedures, and in line with COOPI’s procedures and management standards ;
- Coordinates the elaboration, writing and documents’ preparation for presenting new projects, referring to the Regional Coordination and the headquarters support offices;
- Is responsible for the preparation of projects reports and all the monitoring documents requested by the central headquarters;
- Ensures the transmission of all official and administrative project documents to the central headquarters.
Country office management
- Is responsible for all different aspects related to the country office management: economic and financial situation, local regulations, office organization charts, logistics, local and expatriate personnel management, in conformity with the organization’s guidelines;
- Guarantees the respect of the country’s legislation and administrative regulation.
- Is responsible for the local staff management;
- Participates and supports the Regional Coordinator and the Human Resources office in the selection of the expatriate staff ;
- Coordinates and monitors the country’s expatriate staff management.
Economic and Financial management
- Is responsible for the country’s economic result;
- Supervises the financial management in collaboration with the Country Administrator and ensures – through the administrative function – that all financial reporting deadlines and donor/COOPI’s procedures are respected;
- Participates to the projects/coordination budget preparation;
- Has the signature for all COOPI’s bank accounts in the country.
- Cooperates with the Communication and Fund-Raising office for all communication, awareness and fund raising activities implemented in and for the country and any other task needed for the good realization of his work, agreed with country coordination.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in management of international humanitarian missions in Africa and developing countries;
- Experience of working on more among the following donors AICS, EU, ECHO, UN agencies;
- Experience working and living in complex political environment or developing countries;
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate and implement security operations in the field;
- Proven ability in teaching and coaoching in security domain;
- Strong oral and written communications skills in English.
- Ability to analyze multiple issues and develop specific recommendations;
- Strong supervisory abilities, demonstrated capacity of teamwork and of coordination with the relevant actors;
- Very good inter-personal and writing communication skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability in order to rapidly develop relevant advises based on changing geopolitical context.
- Previous experience with an international humanitarian NGO in a similar context will be an asset.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.
How to apply:
Please send your CV and cover letter - https://www.coopi.org/en/job-position.html?id=4291&ln=