EMP Consultancy Service to Design and Develop Resilience and Integration Activities Vacancy in Ethiopia
EMP Consultancy Service to Design and Develop Resilience and Integration Activities
Request for Proposal No. DRC-ETH-ADD-001-2021
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organisation founded in 1956 that works in more than 30 countries throughout the world. DRC Ethiopia is implementing the Ethiopia Migration Programme (EMP), a four-year FCDO-funded programme to protect migrants from unsafe irregular migration through and from Ethiopia.
EMP seeks to have a qualified consultant to design and develop resilience and integration activities for stranded returnees in Addis Ababa. The consultant will design a suite of feasible and impactful activities that can achieve the programme’s goals for support to returnees who become stranded in Addis Ababa after returning to Ethiopia. The consultant should be able to build on existing access and relationships to work closely with key external stakeholders, including relevant national and local government authorities, local organisations, international NGOs and donors.
Scope of Work
The consultant will work under the direction of EMP’s Chief of Party, and in close coordination with other relevant EMP technical and management staff, including the EMP Resilience and Integration Lead.
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (including site visits to returnee shelter facilities, if feasible under COVID-19 safety protocols)
The consultant will be expected to complete the following deliverables:
1 Gaps Assessment
- Draft an outline of the proposed methodology for the gaps assessment, detailing activities such as desk review, key informant interviews with key stakeholders and other relevant individuals and site visits to returnee shelters.
- Conduct an assessment of existing gaps in services and opportunities available to returnees who become stranded in Addis Ababa after their return to Ethiopia, especially with regards to making their return to Ethiopia safer.
- Draft a brief report summarising key findings from the assessment and providing recommended areas for support by EMP
2 Implementation Strategy
- Draft an implementation strategy that details:
- Key findings and recommendations of the gaps assessment, including relevant actor mapping
- Strategic review of EMP’s log frame objectives and indicators, especially looking at the current context and the continued relevance and feasibility of the objectives.
- Outline of proposed activities, including activity-level objective statements, beneficiary targets, sub-activities, timelines for implementation and resourcing/budget implications
- Stakeholder engagement plan that aligns with planned EMP Information and Communications activities
Level of effort
This consultancy will be a short-term role, with a mix of desk-based and field-based activities. The maximum level of effort for this assignment is 60 days.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience working in international development and/or humanitarian programming.
- Deep expertise in resilience building, at individual and community levels, within the context of migration and international development programming, including knowledge of best practices and sustainable methodologies for implementation.
- Existing relationships with key stakeholders who engage with migrants, especially returnees from Gulf Cooperation Countries, are highly desirable.
- Experience working in Ethiopia and/or the Horn of Africa region is required.
- Experience working on FCDO (DFID) programmes with a demonstrable understanding of relevant programming frameworks is highly desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English.
- Advanced degree in research, project management, international development or other relevant field.
How to apply:
Any company/individual consultant interested & demonstrating the required experience and competence are encouraged to request tender documents through email firstname.lastname@example.org during working hours, from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Starting from 1 September up to 13, 2021
RFP published ----------------------------- 1 September 2021
Closing date for issuance of RFP and clarifications ----------------------------- 13 September 2021
Closing date and time for receipt of RFP ----------------------------- 15 September, 10:00am (EAT)
RFP Opening Location ----------------------------- Danish Refugee Council, Addis Ababa, Bole sub city-Kebele 03/05, Old South Sudan Embassy Building
RFP Opening Date and time ----------------------------- 15 September 2021, 11:00am (EAT)
Interested and eligible suppliers are therefore requested to send their stamped & scanned Bid documents in soft copies to DRC Ethiopia by email to the following dedicated, controlled, & secure email address: Teder.email@example.com, on or before 5:00 pm on the 15th of September, 2021.
DRC reserves the right to accept or reject any submission provided on tender dossier.in part or entirely without assigning reasons thereof.