Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies. Our clients include for example, the World Bank, USAID, TechnoServe, Promundo, the Mastercard Foundation, and several UN agencies.
Our network of offices currently includes the Netherlands, Ethiopia, Kenya, and Uganda. The team brings together more than 60 full time local and international staff, as well as 1,000 enumerators across countries, in a dynamic work environment. We are proud to be a culturally diverse organization.
As a Country Director, based in our Addis Ababa office, you will:
- Oversee office operations, including contributing to corporate strategy, overseeing process improvements, and financial and personnel management.
- Build and manage the pipeline of research projects, turning internal research ideas into externally funded projects and designing evaluations for clients.
- Develop and manage relationships and communication with Laterite clients and government officials
- Support and develop research teams, including coaching, mentoring and/or training to develop their research and management skills.
- Maintain and promote Laterite’s office culture, sustaining a very friendly and collaborative atmosphere, combined with a fast-working pace, high standards and a strong desire for innovation and learning.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for growth and innovation, be it from a technical, learning or business perspective.
- Providing technical leadership in all aspects of our work, including on program and impact evaluation design (e.g., regression discontinuity design, matching methods, matched cluster randomized control trials), sampling methods, and data analysis and modelling.
We are looking for an accomplished researcher with experience managing complex research projects, growing research or business pipelines, and leading and mentoring research teams.
- Masters or PhD degree in Economics, Econometrics, Development Research, or in one of Laterite’s core sectors. MBA is a plus.
- 8 years of experience managing complex research projects, growing research or business pipelines, and leading and mentoring research teams.
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience living and working in different cultural settings
- Motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa
In addition, we welcome
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish in a fastpaced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- Technical expertise in qualitative research methods.
- Knowledge of Python and/or R
How to apply:
nterested in this role? Please follow this link for more: https://oxfordhr.co.uk/jobs/country-director-ethiopia-3/