Position: Field Coordinator
Project duration 6-10 weeks between October 2021- January 2022
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Business, Economics, Statistics or related field with relevant professional experience
3 – 5 years’ experience in conducting agricultural surveys in particular at supervisory or team leader positions.
Excellent Motorbike driving skill; Valid and renewed motorbike driving license (Mandatory).
Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’ Afoo….
Various Zones/Woreda in Oromia, Sidama and SNNP Regions
Positions and Description
Insights Consultancy is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated experienced people to assist with our fieldwork activities in Oromia, Sidama and SNNP Regions. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted for further screening.
Coordinating, monitoring and providing support to Enumerators. In addition the Field Coordinator will be responsible for creating a safe and friendly working environment, providing leadership & logistics support and maintaining quality of work. Ideal candidates should have; experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection instruments, Report writing skill, ability to motivate team members, able to manage and coach enumerators properly and have appropriate skills and methods to implement in the data collection process to maintain high data quality. Applicants must be excellent communicators both in Amharic and English, have exceptional interpersonal skills, and should be team players who are able to effectively solve problems and adapt to changing situations.
- Ensure that the team has all required information and necessary equipment and survey tools ready in working order.
- Prepare daily and weekly scheduled activities as well as the work of others.
- Always be available to enumerators and team members.
- Keep the team motivated and energized.
- Provide coaching and feedback to enumerators regularly.
- Receive information from General field Coordinator (GFC) and Operation Manager on basic logistics metrics; Communicate immediately if any issues occur.
- Accompany enumerators on a daily basis; especially focused on enumerators that produce less quality data and actively coach/train to maintain improvement.
- Organize and lead daily Quality Control and Close out report feedback sessions with the team to identify and solve data quality issues; verify information with enumerators and report back on schedule.
- Communicate, gather & share other teams’ relevant information that teams encountered on the field; use it to inspire the team and prepare in advance for the challenge.
- Ensure that enums have get paid whenever the payments is made by the employer
- Plan, analyze situations and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Monitor and review information from events in the environment to detect and assess problems or assess health and safety concerns.
- Scout and update supply unit for coffee production capacity, security issue and availability of basic infrastructure.
- Assist in any other tasks related to the delivery of the project at hand.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in conducting surveys at supervisor or team leader position
- Experience with coffee farming is highly advantageous (raised in coffee growing families, participated in researches conducted on coffee)
- Good computer skills – especially the ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel, internet, ability to write a good report, use Statistical software, and survey tools is a Plus.
- Have a good time management skill
- Willingness to work in rural areas
- Quick learner and effective team-player
- Experience working in a challenging environment; physically fit to reach inaccessible rural villages and farms and ready to carry out assigned tasks on weekends and beyond hours, if required.
Apply to Terms of Reference for Field Coordinator Position