Project duration 6-10 weeks between October 2021- January 2022
Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Plant Science, Business, Economics, Statistics or related field with relevant professional experience
0–2 years’ experience in conducting agricultural surveys in particular at supervisory or team leader positions.
Excellent Motorbike driving skill; Valid and renewed motorbike driving license (Mandatory).
Afan Oromo, Gede’uffa, Sidamu’ Afoo….
Various Zones/Woreda in Oromia, Sidama and SNNP Regions
Insights Consultancy is looking for brilliant and highly-motivated experienced people to assist with our fieldwork activities in Oromia, Sidama and SNNP Regions. Successful candidates will be added to our database and be contacted for further screening.
The main role of Enumerators is to conduct surveys, and collect data using pre-designed data collection instruments. Ideal candidates must have an experience in collecting quantitative data using electronic data collection instruments, appropriate skill to address survey questions and methods to implement in the data collection process to maintain high data quality and also a good understanding and skill of properly managing respondents. Applicants must be excellent communicators both in Amharic and English, have exceptional interpersonal skills, should be team players who are able to effectively solve problems and adapt to changing situations.
- Attend training and refresher sessions.
- Test questionnaires using different survey tools and applications prior to the commencement of actual survey.
- Travel different locations at woreda and Kebele levels to inform the administration for field preparation and data collection.
- Document issues that arise during fieldwork and communicate them to the field coordinator and operations manager.
- Strictly follow the survey procedures, collect and submit Quality data on a daily basis.
- Safe handling of resources (mobile phones and accessories, motorbikes and other equipments) and protect from any damage
- Hold daily Quality Control session and closeout report and provide feedback on schedule
- Assist in any other related tasks assigned by the field coordinator and data quality control team.
Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in conducting quantitative data collection
- Experience with coffee farming is highly advantageous (raised in coffee growing families, participated in coffee farming related researches)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer and survey tool skills – especially the ability to use commcare, GPS map,and Maps.me etc.
- Quick learner and effective team-player
- Experience working in a challenging environment; physically fit to reach inaccessible rural villages and farms and readiness to carry out assigned tasks on weekends and beyond hours, if required.
Apply to Terms of Reference for Enumerator Position