Addis Ababa, Ethiopia ChildFund International -Ethiopia
Apply to Technical Lead
Job Title: Technical Lead
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Lead the design and implementation of the Early Childhood Education project.
- Establish connection and liaise with relevant national and local level government, civil society, and community stakeholders to support, strengthen, and develop ECE policy, strategy, guidelines, curriculum and structure analysis.
- Liaise with MOE and other relevant government stakeholders at national and local level for systems strengthening, advocacy and policy efforts.
- Identifying challenges and opportunities to support the successful transition of children from ECE to primary school and provide technical support to government in the design and implementation of transition approaches.
- Support with the M&E process and use M&E data to assess and address potential challenges and opportunities within the ECE strategy ongoingly.
- Build capacity of project staff, implementing partners, and stakeholders at relevant Ministries on Early Childhood Development and Education.
- Present and represent the Early Childhood Education activity, its components, data, and lessons learned to national networks, working groups, and coalitions, and to external stakeholders, including donor, government stakeholders, partners, community stakeholders.
- Maintain communication, share lessons learned and best practices from the projects with relevant members of ChildFund Country Office, ChildFund International Office, and partners.
Required Skills and Experience
- EDUCATION/CERTIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in ECE, Education, Social Sciences, or in a closely related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience in progressively responsible roles supporting and implementing ECD or related initiatives, preferably in Ethiopia.
- Experienced on areas of Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC)’ and on the responsibilities we can include ‘support for the development of SBCC and Advocacy strategy’
- Familiarity with the Ethiopia systems, policies, and regulations pertinent to ECD and ECE highly preferred.
- Demonstrated technical competencies in program design, including M&E frameworks, implementation, and evaluation.
- Demonstrated experience working with children experiencing deprivation, exclusion and vulnerability and their families.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging relevant stakeholders with policy development or analysis, with particular focus on early learning and responsive parenting programming.
- Demonstrated experience in developing play-based tools for the development of emergent literacy, numeracy and social emotional skills in preschool and community based early childhood settings, and home based (parenting) settings.
- Proven ability in participatory training and capacity building for program design, delivery and assessment.
- Proven ability to provide technical assistance, guidance and coaching to implementing staff and partners.
- Demonstrated experience in representing, and networking with USG representatives, multilateral agencies, and institutions focused on child development programming.
- Organized, detail oriented, team player, and results oriented individual.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
Place of work: Addis Ababa, with frequent field travel to ChildFund’s operational areas
How to Apply
- Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
- ChildFund International is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact and to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for children. ChildFund is also committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Women are especially encouraged to apply. To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org” on or before September 1, 2021. Kindly write the job title on the subject line.
Apply to Technical Lead