The Senior Finance Unit is responsible for all financial functions in Ethiopia, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and compliance. The Senior Finance Service Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Imagine1day internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country Director and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Duties and Responsibilities of Senior Finance Officer
- Oversee and manage daily program-wide accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, inventory, receivables, and payables.
- Plan and implement systems for financial operations in the country office and in area program offices in accordance with the imagine1day Finance Manual and donor regulations; including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial record-keeping, grant management and compliance.
- Train and supervise finance staff in the program.
- Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor country cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth implementation of imagine1day projects.
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to imagine1day Headquarters, for review by the Finance and Administration Manger, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Finance and Administration Manager and Program staff as required, including expenditures by cost center/project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare financial reports, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, to donors in line with donor requirements and templates.
- Assist in developing annual fiscal year budgets together with the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Continuously stay abreast with donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations; compile and update applicable local policies; train imagine1day staff in these policies.
- Ensure compliance with imagine1day financial policies and procedures.
Qualification and Field of specialization
- BA in Accounting or Finance is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressive financial management experience is required
- Minimum three years of experience from an international NGO is required; international NGO field office experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports.
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables and balance sheet.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within given deadlines • Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area
Success Factors: The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel both in a managerial as 3 | P a g e well as training capacity is required. An ability to support programmatic objectives with timely and meaningful financial information is essential. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. An impeccable professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with LWF World Service and donor policies and procedures is essential.
Covering responsibilities: The Senior Finance Officer is expected to be able and willing to cover for any of the positions in the Finance unit.
Duty Station: Imagine1day Country Office, Addis Ababa with frequent field travels
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are required to send their CV and motivational letter within seven working
days of this announcement (August 30 to September 07/2021) through the under mentioned email address.
Apply to Senior Finance Officer