Under the overall supervision of Finance and Administration Manager, the Project Accountant is responsible to handle all financial matter in Country office including Maintains assigned accounts in accordance with existing Imagine1day accounting procedures, Prepare and code payment & receipt vouchers and other documents, Expenditure tracking and reporting
Duties and Responsibilities of Grant officer
- Prepare schedules of various accounts and project cash flows.
- Prepare monthly Income statements, Balance Sheet, Bank reconciliation, Budget vs Actual spending and other reports in Quick book Software.
- Record transactions in appropriate ledgers and or journals
- Effect authorized payments such as wages and salaries, per diem and petty cash payments
- Prepare cash payment voucher for completed disbursement documents and transfers to the finance and Admin officer for checking and subsequent replenishment.
- Follow up of the settlement of temporary advance payments effected with suspense vouchers within seven days.
- Ensure sufficient petty cash fund is maintained at regional site for financing weekly expenditure and to request the replenishment of the fund before the balance is reduced to 10% of the float.
- Ensures that policies, procedures and Guidelines relating to personnel issues are well adhered to;
- Prepare government and donor financial reports as required
- Processing purchase requests of goods and services and undertakes bid analysis as per Imagine1day’s policies and procedures
- Support external auditors in providing information and required documents in the formats needed
- Scan and send financial documents to HQ per month as required.
- Perform other duties assigned by Finance and Admin Manager and other line manager.
Qualification and Field of specialization: BA degree in accounting from accredited University
Work Experience: More than 3-years of relevant experience preferably in NGO.
- Proven basic computer skill: word, Excel, Access Accounting Software (Quick Book Software is preferable), Word and Access.
- Knowledge of Quick books is an added advantage.
- Ability to speak Amharic and good command of the English language. Ability to speak
- Local Language added an advantage.
Duty Station: Imagine1day SNNPR Regional Office, Dilla with frequent field travels
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are required to send their CV and motivational letter within seven working
Apply to Project Accountant