iMMAP is an international nongovernmental organisation that provides information management services to humanitarian and development organizations. Through information management, we help our partners target assistance to the world’s most vulnerable populations. Our core philosophy is that better data leads to better decisions and that better decisions lead to better outcomes. iMMAP’s critical support to information value chains helps to solve operational and strategic challenges of our partners in both emergency and development contexts by enabling evidence-based decision-making for better outcomes.
iMMAP is starting a 9 months project funded by ECHO aiming at providing IM support tailored to the needs of humanitarian actors responding to the crisis in Ethiopia. To help achieve this, iMMAP will conduct three core activities: 1.support to multi sectoral needs assessments, 2.production of humanitarian situation analysis reports through secondary data review, 3. provide dedicated IM support to the Protection Cluster as well as its sub-sectors (Child Protection, Gender Based Violence and House, Land and Properties Working Group).
For this first and second activities specifically, iMMAP is looking for a national IMO.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Identify barriers for information collection, collation, analysis and sharing.
· Ensure timely preparation and generation of information products, and support on information sharing and dissemination through web platforms to all relevant humanitarian implementing partners.
· Adapt appropriate existing IM tools including those available in-country (including from other sectors) and global level. As appropriate, design of data collection forms, ensuring that the purpose and use of all data collected is clear, collectable and easily collectable, highlighting where potential problems might arise; organise and manage the data input and initial analysis and presentation of data for the sector;
· Develop standard formats for, and regular output of publication of materials and statistics highlighting the humanitarian situation in country upon request.
· Collect and consolidate data from various partners, prepare and submit reports on regular bases
· Map assistance coverage in specified area, analyse and report the potential gaps
· Produce, share maps illustrating scale/coverage of assistance
· Record, document and share coordination meeting minutes
· Maintain data bases, provide data entry if required
· Establish and maintain filing and documentation system accessible for humanitarian partners working in the area
· Participate in, and coordinate with, the secondary data analysis tagging team, and ensure the information is captured correctly
Capacity building / Team Management:
· Participate in the recruitment of the IM team
· Ensure that IM staff receive appropriate and adequate support by providing coaching and coordination.
· Through a consultative leadership style and a transparent and supportive communication structure, develop and build an effective iMMAP project team.
· Supervise and mentor the field IM team (4 officers) to build capacity through guidance, training and technical support.
· Ensure designated projects are implemented in line with donor proposal and requirement.
· Ensure products and reports developed in the framework of the project respect quality standards and guidelines.
· Regularly assess and provide feedback and recommendations on the quality of the programme in the 4 countries.
· Build on lessons learnt.
· Attend periodic information management meetings with the iMMAP IMO team also share updates on ongoing IM products and activities and promote good practices in the organisation.
· Other relevant duties as assigned by the Technical Advisor
· Advanced degree in the field of information management; data analysis or equivalent
· Three years of relevant work experience.
· Demonstrated qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills
· Knowledge of working with GIS software is required
· Knowledge of working with the DEEP platform (https://www.thedeep.io/) is highly desired
· Excellent writing and secondary data analysis skills
· Advanced know of the humanitarian architecture and experience in working on multi-sector assessments.
Personnel is expected to conduct itself in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and iMMAP’s policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all Countries.
iMMAP has zero-tolerance for sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and exploitation. Any violations of these principles and policies will be treated as serious misconduct.
iMMAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of background.
How to apply:
Please apply through: https://careers.immap.org/jobs/296