For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in more than 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
Médecins du Monde France has been operating in Ethiopia since 1986 in different types of health projects from long-term interventions to emergency response.
The Mission is thus entering a phase in which it will have to work on new proposals, follow up on new challenging grants in addition to existing ones, and to reinforce its partnerships with institutional and non-institutional stakeholders. It is also developing its collaboration with MdM Germany that is present in the Somali region of Ethiopia.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the management of the general coordinator, you follow-up the country strategy plan in terms of fundraising and creation of links and connections with relevant stakeholders. You ensure high quality grants and sub grants development, management, communication and reporting for MdM France projects and partnerships.
More specifically, you will be in charge of:
- On request of the general coordinator, update the mapping and contacts list of relevant stakeholders
- Support the general coordinator in the identification of new funding opportunities in line with the country programme strategy
- Take the lead on the preparation of concept notes, proposals, other relevant documents for current and potential donors
- Liaise with DDI (MdM HQ department) for support on concept notes and proposals development
Coordination and reporting:
- Ensure donors’ requirements, rules and regulations dissemination and acceptance by key staff
- Provide timelines and ensure timely submission of grants, external and internal reports to MdM France head office
- Support the team regarding the quality of reports on activities and, in particular, act as a focal point at Addis coordination level for report related queries, e.g., templates and compliance
- Lead on the development of the monthly Sitrep to HQ
- Support the general coordinator in the coordination of consortiums and partners. This support will involve scheduling of regular meetings, setting deadlines for external partners for reporting, aiding external partners in report preparation, and other actions deemed necessary by the general coordinator
- Lead on the development of media material covering different components of MdM France programs such as quarterly newsletters, fact sheets and success stories, etc.
- Support the mission in the planning and organization of external audits and evaluations
Memorandum of understanding (MoU)/Partnership agreements:
- Support the general coordinator in the writing of needed operational MoUs or amendments (for instance: Ministry of Health, other INGOs or UN agency)
- Take the lead in the preparation or review of MoUs between MdM France and other MdM chapters
- Lead the coordination between MdM France and partners, at Addis coordination level
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Volunteer - VSI Contract : Volunteer - VSI (French status)
Duration : 6 months
Starting date: 01/10/2021
915 euros / month + perdiem
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
2 paid leaves / months for contracts of 6 months or more.
Social coverage (100% covered by MdM)
Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Master’s degree level preferable (international development, management)
One year experience in a similar post
Demonstrated experience of leading successful fundraising and new business development for non-governmental organisations, in humanitarian or development contexts
Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of project budgets for multilateral and bilateral donors
Experience in representation, fundraising and proposal writing indispensable
Preferable experience in health sector
Experience in health data is an asset
Fluent English essential including excellent English writing skills (partner, staff, and international community English-speaking, reporting),
French an asset
Draft narrative proposals, reports and amendment notes
Use the Microsoft Office Pack
Read and understand a donor budget
Understand specific business tools (reporting or accounting)
Understand and identify institutional donors’ cycles and procedures
Assess the quality of documents submitted to donors according to their constraints and the constraints of the teams
Adapt schedules according to priorities and unforeseen events
Understand the legal aspects of a contract
Research and select sources of information
Summarise and present programme information
Ability to take some perspective; diplomacy; adaptability
Ability to synthesize and prioritize
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.
How to apply:
Please apply via the following link: http://www.jobs.net/j/JfiIZURy?idpartenaire=128
Apply to Grants officer (M/F) - Ethiopia