COOPI is looking for a Head of Programme in Ethiopia
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. COOPI has been taking action to improve food security among the most vulnerable groups, through the integration and diversification of livelihoods and the increase of production capacity. It has also facilitated access to clean water and has promoted efficient irrigation systems. Thanks to its projects, COOPI has improved sanitation in homes, schools and health centres and has disseminated good hygiene practices.
Purpose of the role
The Head of Programme (HoP):
- is the focal point for COOPI programs in Ethiopia;
- will report to the Head of Mission and work closely with the Head of Operations, Country Administrator and Program Advisors;
- will be leading the program support team (MEAL Supervisor and Program Coordinator).
Working together with three international Program Advisors, will be responsible for:
Project Development (40%)
- Lead the definition and implementation of the country program strategy, with the support of the HoM and Program Advisors;
- Lead the development of new project proposals (current donors include ECHO, EU, AICS, OCHA-EHF and various UN Agencies);
- Review priorities and evidence from ongoing and closed grants;
- Use M&E data, innovations and evidence collected from on-going and past projects, for preparing new project ideas and concepts;
- Ensure linkages and learning among technical advisors, Program Coordinator and Project Managers.
External coordination (30%)
- Meet regularly with donors and partners, consolidating the position of COOPI in the country;
- Engage new potential donors and partners, working closely with the HoM and program advisors;
- Manage donors visits, liaising with the HoM and PMs.
Project Reporting (20%)
- Ensure a final review of all project narrative reports (interim, quarterly and final).
Project Planning (10%)
- Support review and approve the M&E plans for all projects, according to log frames and indicators;
- Support and participate the internal project grant opening meetings;
- Support the program advisors and PMs to approve project activities workplan.
- Post graduate degree in Livelihood, Humanitarian/Development Studies or any related field;
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in project formulation, implementation and coordination with an International NGOs;
- Experience in working with different Donors (ECHO, EU, USAID, AICS, UN agencies);
- Good knowledge of humanitarian standard and background;
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills in English and Italian;
- Advanced IT skills.
- Proactive aptitude in terms of planning and coordination with different bodies, institutions and reference points;
- Target oriented and problem-solving aptitude;
- Strong managerial skills;
- Good leadership skills, aimed at managing and motivating a team;
- Positive ability to bear stressful and complicated situations;
- Diplomatic and confidentiality skills.
- Knowledge of GIS;
- Previous experience in the Region;
- Previous experience in livelihood sector.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.