ChildFund is seeking an Early Childhood Education (ECE) Technical Advisor for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded Early Childhood Education (ECE) activity in Ethiopia. The goal of the activity is to increase the effectiveness of the early childhood education system. The specific objective is to strengthen system capacity to provide, oversee and coordinate high-quality, responsive early childhood development and education, at the federal, regional, woreda, kebele and household levels.
The ECE Technical Senior Advisor reports to the Chief of Party and will provide technical leadership and have responsibility for all activities associated with strengthening systems and practices related to early childhood Education, positive parenting and other in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and ChildFund Ethiopia regulations.
Kindly note that this position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
National candidates highly preferred.
· Lead the design and implementation of the Early Childhood Education project;
· Establish connections and liaise with relevant national and local level government, civil society, and community stakeholders to support, strengthen, and develop ECE policy, strategy, guidelines, curriculum and structure analysis;
· Liaise with MOE and other relevant government stakeholders at the national and local level for systems strengthening, advocacy and policy efforts;
· Identifying challenges and opportunities to support the successful transition of children from ECE to primary school and provide technical support to the government in the design and implementation of transition approaches;
· Support with the M&E process and use M&E data to assess and address potential challenges and opportunities within the ECE strategy ongoingly;
· Build capacity of project staff, implementing partners, and stakeholders at relevant Ministries on Early Childhood Development and Education;
· Present and represent the Early Childhood Education activity, its components, data, and lessons learned to national networks, working groups, and coalitions, and to external stakeholders, including donor, government stakeholders, partners; community stakeholders;
· Maintain communication, share lessons learned and best practices from the projects with relevant members of CF Country Office, CF International Office, and partners.
· Other duties as assigned.
Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy
A Bachelor’s degree is required.
A Master’s degree in ECE, Education, Social Sciences, or in a closely related field is required. is preferred.
Minimum of 10 years relevant experience in progressively responsible roles supporting and implementing ECD or related initiatives, preferably in Ethiopia;
Familiarity with the Ethiopia systems, policies, and regulations pertinent to ECD and ECE highly preferred;
Demonstrated technical competencies in program design, including M&E frameworks, implementation, and evaluation
Demonstrated experience working with children experiencing deprivation, exclusion and vulnerability and their families;
Demonstrated experience in engaging relevant stakeholders with policy development or analysis, with particular focus on early learning and responsive parenting programming;
Demonstrated experience in developing play-based tools for the development of emergent literacy, numeracy and social-emotional skills in preschool and community based early childhood settings, and home-based (parenting) settings;
Proven ability in participatory training and capacity building for program design, delivery and assessment;
Proven ability to provide technical assistance, guidance and coaching to implementing staff and partners;
Demonstrated experience in representing, and networking with USG representatives, multilateral agencies, and institutions focused on child development programming;
· Organized, detail-oriented, team player, and results-oriented individual;
· Excellent presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills;
· Strong computer skills, with familiarity in using Microsoft Office suite applications (particularly Word and PowerPoint).
How to apply:
Candidates who meet the above qualifications; please send your CV and application letter to Ms. Cassandra Scarpino, Advisor Sr., Early Childhood Development at email@example.com.