****Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.*
World Vision International
World Vision is a Christian humanitarian, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our over 34,000 staff members working in nearly 100 countries are united in helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Through our work, every 60 seconds … a family gets water … a hungry child is fed … a family receives the tools to overcome poverty.
Here’s where you come in:
As Chief of Party, Early Childhood Education, Ethiopia, you will manage structure, coordinate and support the full USAID-funded Early Childhood Education activity in Ethiopia. You will be required to collaborate with the Ministry of Education and other critical partners to provide strategic and high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. You will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and World Vision Ethiopia regulations.
- Master's degree in education, especially with a focus on Early Childhood Development Education program or equivalent experience in Education program management.
- Familiarity with USAID programs, their history and their development; mastery of USAID regulations governing such programs.
- Experience as a CoP, “key personnel”, or senior expert advisor required.
- Fluency in English.
- 10+ years of extensive international development experience managing large grant-funded projects in developing countries.
- At least 5 years managing large education projects.
- 2+ years in senior roles.The position requires ability and willingness to travel internationally.
- Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25 % of the time.
How to apply:
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 16 AUG 2021. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org.
Our vision for every child, life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every heart, the will to make it so.