Head of English for Education Systems (EES) Ethiopia
Pay band: PB8
Post Location: Addis Ababa
Department: Business Delivery
Contract type: Locally Engaged
Duration: 3 Year Fixed Term
The successful candidate will lead the English for Education Systems (EES) portfolio of contracts and programmes in Ethiopia, providing technical sector expertise. The post holder will oversee business development and quality, compliant delivery of programmes and contracts to improve standards of the teaching, learning and assessment of English.
The Head of EES will also share knowledge, expertise and best practice from Ethiopia with the regional and global English for Education Systems teams and externally.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role:
- Position Ethiopia as one of the leading English for Education Systems (EES) countries in the region.
- Build a transformational and impactful EES programme in Ethiopia, ensuring that quality teacher training, teaching and appropriate delivery, including digital and radio, are at the heart of the approach.
- Embed gender transformative programmes within the EES portfolio.
- Design innovative, evidence based EES programmes with strong monitoring, evaluation, research and learning elements underpinning the programmes.
- Actively seek partnership and full-cost recovery funding for the EES programmes.
- Qualified to postgraduate degree level in ELT or other English-specific qualification
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of managing teacher education projects
- Minimum 5 years’ experience of delivering externally funded projects or programmes
- Direct experience of client funded contract pursuit
- Experience of overseeing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) within projects and incorporating lessons learned from MEL into programmes and strategy
- Experience of engaging with diverse stakeholders including multilateral agencies, donors, government officials, academics
- TEFL-Q - a diploma level qualification in teaching English as a foreign / second language which meets accreditation UK requirements
- Experience managing teacher education projects for English language teachers
- Experience of managing online teacher education projects
- Past experience of writing for academic journals and presenting at international conferences
Role Specific Skills:
Candidate will need to:
- Lead on strategy and process development for innovative English/ education solutions
- Lead on the development and implementation of quality standards for English/ education
- Lead on strategy and commissioning of global thought leadership outputs, such as publications
- Lead on relationships with UK sector
Additional Information: Candidates must have current legal right to live and work in Ethiopia.
Closing Date: 4 July 2021 applications will close 23:59 South Africa time