SNV is a not-for-profit international development organization. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in more than 26 of countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses, and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV, Netherlands Development Organization, is operating in Ethiopia since the 1970s. Currently, SNV is working in eight regional states and the two city administrations of Ethiopia, providing technical assistance and program implementation in Agriculture, WASH, and Energy Sectors. SNV is an open and learning organization that focuses on improving the lives of Ethiopian through a market-based approach inclusive of women and youth. In its new Strategic Plan period (2019 – 2022), SNV will more explicitly aim for systems change including strengthening institutions and kick-starting markets that help many more to escape poverty beyond our projects.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org.
Background of the Project
Strengthening Enabling Environment for Clean Cooking Sector-II (SEECCS-II) project Is a component of EnDev III Ethiopia Program and being implemented by SNV Ethiopia. Specific engagements include strengthening of the Ethiopia Clean Cooking Alliance towards self-sustainability, supporting policy and strategy review and endorsement, supporting clean cooking standards, and strengthening national cookstove testing facilities.
Key Activities of the Job holder
The technical expert works as senior technology expert with hands-on knowledge and skills on clean cooking technologies, appliances, and fuels. However, Improved Cookstoves (ICS) must be his or her expertise
· Project planning
· Monitoring & Evaluation Support
· Advisory Services in Technological Areas (Technical Assistance)
· Network & Relationship Development
· Evidence Based Advocacy
· Strategic Positioning & Management
· Strategic Scoping
· Feedback & Coaching
· SNV Internal Organisational Development
· Knowledge Development & Learning
- Min. Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in engineering or renewable energy or another directly relevant technical discipline.
- Min. 6 years of relevant working experience for Master degree holder, or min. 10 years relevant experience for Bachelor degree holder; including with substantial hands-on experience in alternative energy technologies in Ethiopia.
- Min. 2 years’ experience working in Improved Cookstoves (ICS) technology development, training, quality control, etc.;
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
i) A motivation letter;
ii) An updated Curriculum Vitae, and;
iii) Names and contact details of three professional referees.
Please apply by clicking on the I'm Interested button and complete your application in our in-house recruitment system on or before 26 May 2021.
Please indicate in your application letter the position of the tittle and for which location you apply
NB: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Women Candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Apply to Technical Expert