Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Deadline for submission: November 18, 2020
At Nutrition International, we make a difference, because nutrition is the difference.
Woven into the very fabric of our approach is the passion and drive of our global team of over 400 people, working in 13 offices across 11 countries with one common goal: transforming the lives of people who need it most through improved nutrition.
If you are a motivated and passionate individual who shares our conviction that a better world is possible through improved nutrition, wants to leave the world a little better than they found it, and is looking to be part of a global team with a clear vision, we want to hear from you. Please consider applying for the position below.
Know our team
Nutrition International’s Operations unit is a dedicated team of program implementation experts who are responsible for contributing to the overall management of NI’s field operations in Asia and Africa. NI implements high impact and low-cost nutrition interventions in Ethiopia. The vision of NI is a world where everyone, everywhere is free from malnutrition and able to reach their full potential. The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will provide technical oversight and support to the country team in the development and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation frameworks. The officer will ensure effective monitoring and evaluation concepts and tools are included in program design and plans, provide technical support with the implementation of quality data management systems, routine monitoring of program outputs, and reporting of NI’s program in all regions.
You will have an MS/MA/MPH. At least 5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation preferably in nutrition interventions. Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis. Knowledge of statistical software packages, health information technologies, software applications including DHIS 2. Excellent computer skills in MS Office Suite with specific proficiency in MS Excel and MS Access. Well versed with Ethiopian’s health system. Superior communication and project management skills. Good written and spoken English. Fluency in Amharic.
About the role
In this role you will be:
- Leading on proposal write up at the country level in coordination with the country, regional and HQ team.
- Guiding and supporting Zonal Program Coordinators in collecting routine monitoring data through tools to be deployed at HQ/RO level and make sure results are compiled and used for monthly and quarterly reports.
- Managing program data-books / database and updating them on a regular basis on the advice and guidance of the Regional M&R team.
- Strengthening the capacity of Zonal and Woreda coordinators in ensuring the generation of quality data through DHIS and other supplementary data generation systems as stipulated in the monitoring plan and facilitate utilization of the data for decision making.
- Leading routine data quality assessments (DQAs) in collaboration with Woreda and Zonal health offices and ensure development and implementation of data quality improvement plans.
- Supporting the program team to prepare donor reports by providing M&E related information.
- Representing NI in relevant internal and external for including Technical working groups at the MOH or EPHI and other stakeholders for at national and county level.
What we offer
A competitive market pay, health benefits and pension plan, flexible work hours, work from home, four weeks of vacation (plus public holidays) and support for learning and development opportunities. We offer a collaborative and engaging work environment. Read more to know more about us Top Employers of National Capital Region 2020.
Selected candidates must have a current legal entitlement to work in Ethiopia. We thank you for your interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Nutrition International is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible work environment. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process.
Please note that all our offers are conditional subject to appropriate screening checks and satisfactory reference checks.
Apply to Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - MNHN