SNV Netherlands Development Organisation is an international development organisation established in 1965. SNV has a local presence in more than 25 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America, providing market-driven solutions in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH). Our team of 1,300 specialists and generalists, nationals and internationals, women and men, young and more seasoned colleagues are the backbones of SNV.
SNV, in response to the 1974 drought in northern Ethiopia, started working on the Food for Work Program, called Kobbo-Lalibella Road Construction project - which involved 6000 farmers. Successfully completing the project, SNV started implementing other rural development projects focusing, particularly, on capacity development of key stakeholders in different sectors. Currently, we are working in Agriculture, Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene sectors to making a lasting difference in the lives of people. SNV strives to ensure that women, men and youth balance benefits from their efforts. Presently, SNV Ethiopia is implementing over 14 projects in more than 369 woredas; Addis Ababa and Dire Dawa City Administrations, Afar, Amhara, Benishangul Gumuz, Gambella, Oromia, Somali, Southern Nations Nationalities and Peoples Region, and Tigray National Regional States.
Context and Purpose of the job
The Sector Leader is part of a SNV Country Management team. The Sector Leader is the lead for Agriculture Sector on a national level and represents SNV in Ethiopia in contacts with stakeholders externally.
The Sector Leader steers the sector Programme development and quality of practice at the country level, in line with the global sector strategy and in consultation with the Global Sector Team and the Country Management team(s).
The Sector Leader oversees all Project Managers in the sector for their implementations to be in line with the global sector agreements and improve the quality of the overall sector performance at the country level.
The following are the key responsibilities of Sector Leader for Agriculture:
- Business Development
- Knowledge and Learning
- Sector Operation and Implementation
- Advisory Services and Portfolio Management
- People Management and Leadership
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture and related fields.
- 8 or more years’ experience in Project implementation
- Relevant experience in Agricultural Development.
- Proven experience in proposal Development and Business Development.
- Established networks and strong relationship Management skills
How to Apply
Should you need to review the full job description, please find attached herewith by right click and open the new tab in the below link:
Candidates should apply by sending:
i) A motivation letter including one-page summary of experience (mandatory)
ii) An updated Curriculum Vitae, (mandatory)
iii) Names and contact details of three professional referees.
· If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by clicking on the I’m Interested button and complete your application in our house recruitment system on or before 20 May 2021.
· The Title of the Position You are applying for MUST be mentioned on the subject of your motivation letter.
· Women candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
NB. Only shortlisted Applicant will be contacted
Apply to Sector Leader - Agriculture