COOPI is looking for a Food Security Expert – Agronomist in Ethiopia
COOPI started its operations in Ethiopia in 1995. In 2020, COOPI is implementing 15 projects in the sectors of WaSH, Food Security, Emergency Response and Energy in the 3 regions of Oromia, Afar and Somali. We promote access to safe water and efficient irrigation; hygiene and sanitation for rural populations working in communities, schools and health centers.
We are also responding to emergencies including forced displacements, floods and recently desert locusts. Our organisation promotes agriculture, livestock and sustainable employment. COOPI sustain the coffee value chain and increase long lasting youths employment.
We encourage international staff already in the country to apply.
- Ensures technical leadership and support, with the aim of intensifying the impacts of the project in terms of quality and responsibility in food safety and livelihood;
- Facilitates the coherence of the activities of the food safety and livelihood sector carried out within the framework of the projects, within the broader intervention of COOPI in Ethiopia;
- Ensures the monitoring of the project in the food security and livelihood component;
- Manages the food safety team of the project;
- Mobilizes, in coordination with the Country Administrator, the project resources;
- Maintains and manages relations with the donor, stakeholders, NGOs and Agencies operating in the project area.
- Ensures coordination between government, the project and AICS partners for the definition of the project strategy;
- Shares knowledge and skills related to the food safety and livelihood sector within the technical work team;
- Ensures that the activities are carried out in compliance with the Logical Framework and the indicators;
- Responds to internal requests from COOPI on the interests of the donor and local partners;
- Ensures the necessary visibility of the interventions of this project in national and regional platforms, the sector clusters and on the ground.
- Any other task necessary for the good and timely implementation of the projects, identified in agreement with AICS and COOPI.
- Agriculture related degree (MSc.);
- Proficiency in English, mastering of Somali or Italian language will be an asset;
- Proven professional knowledge and training in food security - livelihood - agronomy (min. 5 years);
- Experience in coordinating food security - livelihood activities on the field in development and / or emergency contexts;
- Solid knowledge of issues transversal to the food safety - livelihood sector (including Gender; Environment; Vulnerable Groups);
- Analytical ability of identify needs, gaps and opportunities in relation to project activities;
- Proven experience of capacity building and facilitation of multi-stakeholder processes.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application closing date, once a sufficient number of applications have been received.