Place: ETHIOPIA (Tigray) Starting date: 01/08/2021
Length: 3 months Closing date for applications: 06/06/2021
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
In view of the dire humanitarian crisis taking place in Tigray, HI Ethiopia, not present in this area, has launched an initial assessment to support the definition of an operational strategy.
This assessment provided many information on the situation, access, opportunities, etc. The main conclusion is that the needs are acute, the response is not sufficient, the donors are positioning themselves, the security situation is manageable following strict protocols and the access - although very restricted - is possible. In this context, HI does have an added value in responding to this humanitarian crisis and should position itself very fast as a stakeholder in this emergency response.
Following this needs assessment, HI designed a global strategic operational framework to address the identified needs with the following pillars:
· Pillar 1 : Integrated approach between MHPSS, Protection, IHA and Functional & Physical Rehabilitation, to improve access to services and wellbeing of the conflict affected populations including the most vulnerable and persons with specific needs
· Pillar 2: Contribute to improve access and ensure delivery of assistance to the most vulnerable living in Tigray while limiting the use of logistics negative coping mechanisms.
HI designed a phased deployment strategy in Tigray with a first focus on the following objectives:
· Improving the functional & physical rehabilitation, MHPSS, inclusive humanitarian action (IHA) and protection integrated approach to participate to increase both the access to services and wellbeing of conflict affected populations including the most vulnerable and persons with specific needs
· Improving the access and delivery of assistance to the most vulnerable living in Tigray is ensured and the use of logistics negative coping mechanisms is limited
HI is therefore mobilizing resources to open its program based on this strategy.
Reporting to Tigray Operation Manager and in collaboration with HQ referent and specialists, the Emergency Project Manager is in charge of the efficient and quality start of emergency activities in Mai Tsibré in response to the crisis. He/she ensures capacity building of national teams in particular the national Emergency Project Manager who will take over, internal coordination with relevant colleagues from other departments, external coordination and contributes when needed and relevant to the scale-up of the emergency intervention strategy in Tigray.
The intervention in Mai Tisbré covered by the Emergency Program Manager will be implemented in IDP camps in the frame of a consortium with DRC and includes MHPSS, protection and inclusion components.
At the end of the 3-month assignment, the position will be nationalized.
His/her main responsibilities are:
· Implementation and Monitoring
· Influence and communication
· Strategy and business development
YOUR PROFILE :
· You hold a Bachelor or Master degree in Project management or in one of the project component
· You have a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in emergency setting with INGOs with several departments, sites and countries. You have experience in opening emergency project in complex environment
· You have 3 years of professional experience in the field of protection, psychosocial support or inclusion of people with disabilities.
· You have negotiation and problem-solving skills
· You are able to plan, implement and evaluate activities on your project
· You demonstrate good anticipation and adaptation skills
· You have good interaction and communication skills and are able to work in a team
· You are able to manage your stress
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
Shire is around 7 hours’ drive from Gonder, which is linked, to Addis by 70 minutes domestic flight. Recurrent movement are to be planned between Shire and Addis because of administrative access constraint during the first months of contract but should be reduced once work permits are secured.
In Tigray, HI planned to have an office/guest house in Shire town to cover operation in Shire town, North western and central Tigray. Security risk are considered high in Tigray. In Shire town, the security risk related are more limited. Electricity and communication network are limited in Tigray. Communication constraint include phone and internet interruption. Nevertheless, internet remain available in Shire in other aid agencies structure for professional purpose.
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. https://hi.org/en/join-the-team
· 3 months International contract starting from August 2021
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution **
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary from 2400 € gross/month upon experience
· Perdiem : 472 € net/month - paid in the field
· Hardship : 500 € net/month paid with your salary (REMOVE IF NOT APPLICABLE)
· Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
· R&R : 5 days every 6 weeks=> + possible transport/package support.
§ Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects (from 12 months of mission)
· Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI**
If you are resident in the country : local package
How to apply:
Only online by joining a CV and cover letter via the following link: