Provision of transport services
- Drives CRS/Ethiopia’s vehicles safely as per schedule issued by the Transport Dispatcher;
- Provides the necessary care for passengers and goods transported (checks and receives items to be transported, ensures that every passenger wears seatbelts while traveling in CRS/ET’s vehicle)
- Renews own driving license in a timely manner;
Undertaking minor repair and maintenance
- Performs routine checks on vehicles on a daily basis and reports as necessary on vehicle damage and time of service;
- Checks/corrects proper functioning of all warning and safety instruments on the vehicle before operation;
- Ensures that vehicles are clean at all times;
- Ensures that spare tires, fuel, oil, water and other necessary tools and accessories (jack with handle, tire range, screw drives) and all First Aid Kits are in place and in good working order;
- Changes and cleans air filters, replaces and adjusts A/C fan belt and check/adjust tyre pressure as necessary;
Compiling Reports and other functions
- Fills out log sheet/book for every trip as per CRS/ET’s policy;
- Reports any vehicle problems including damage and breakdowns to supervisor immediately upon return from a trip;
- Reports any accident to the police/relevant Government authority, to the Insurance Company and the supervisor immediately. Take care to complete all relevant forms as per CRS/Et policy;
- Implements all necessary policies and procedures of CRS/Ethiopia and Road Transport Authority;
- Takes proper care and utilize the CRS property i.e. fuel, lubricants, etc. in economical manner;
- Providing erranding and liaising service as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Completion of T/V (10+2) Certificate
- 3rd grade driving license
- 4 years of relevant experience is required.
- Good knowledge of traffic regulations and practices needed in the care and safety operation of assigned vehicle
- Good knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety measures in the area of assignment
- Good knowledge of the principles of operation of motor vehicles as well as to detect and correct minor malfunctions
- Ability to make emergency repair and adjustments to vehicle assigned
- Ability to understand and execute oral and written instruction
- Skill in the use and care of tools and shop equipment used in the automotive trade
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
*Trusting Relationships *Professional Growth *Partnership *Accountability
Duty Station: CRS/Mekelle Office
HOW TO APPLY
Please enter via https://ift.tt/3eZOqm9 fill a form and attach your up-to-date CV before the application deadline, May 24, 2021.
Applications should be submitted by May 24, 2021, up to 5:00 PM, late submission will not be accepted. These job opportunities are open to Ethiopian nationals only. Phone solicitations cannot be accepted. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a written exam/interview.
** Qualified women & persons with disability are highly encouraged to apply**
CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply to Driver at CRS Ethiopia