PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH has received a grant from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to study cost of delivery of HPV vaccine. This project will generate evidence on the recurrent financial and economic costs from the perspective of health systems and households to deliver HPV vaccines in six countries representing a variety of geographies, target populations, program maturity, performance, and, importantly, a range of vaccine delivery strategies. Inclusion of data from a diverse set of programs will help optimize HPV vaccine program implementation and enhance national and global understanding of the magnitude and drivers of HPV vaccine delivery costs. To support project activities, PATH is seeking to hire a qualified data manager who will work closely with the PATH HQ team and in-country Principal investigator.
Scope of Work
- The local consultant will be working in close collaboration with the PATH HQ team and in-country Principal investigator to prepare documents for IRB, follow up the progress and facilitate the data collection processes which will be followed by in depth data analysis.
- The following are Specific activities to be supported by the consultant during his/her contractual period:
- Support the continued work of HPV COD Work
- Finalize required document development and submission for IRB review
- Follow up approval of the IRB and ensure all required ethical clearance is ensured by addressing the requirements
- Develop a plan for data collection timeline and coordinate the data collection from sampled areas.
- Lead the data collection process by identifying data collectors
- Train data collectors on multiple data collection tools
- Travel domestically as required to supervise data collection
- Perform data analysis which includes but not limited to, adapting the generic codebook to fit the analysis, list/create variables for analysis, Map variables for analysis, revise the generic analysis plan the data analysis
- Perform any additional assigned task.
- Advanced degree in Statistics/Bi statistics, public health, epidemiology, medicine, or related field.
- 5-7 years of relevant work experience in public health with strong skill and knowledge in the field of immunization particularly in provision of technical assistance to the public sector.
- Experience in achieving technical consensus while navigating complex political dynamics to achieve consensus.
- Minimum of a master’s degree in relevant fields of public health, health informatics, engineering, social sciences etc.
- Experience with project management solutions for monitoring and managing execution, critical path activities, and tracking inter dependencies across multiple partners and countries.
- Ability and commitment to inform appropriate persons/organizations of potential or existing risks/problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-region, team-based organizational structure.
- Demonstrated skills in writing scientific reports for governments, stakeholders, and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Amahric and English with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Knowledge on the local language where the study will be conducted is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other information processing software.
- Working knowledge of data analysis software such as SPSS, STATA,or others.
- Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, and to competent track timelines and deliverables with minimal guidance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified consultants can submit the following to PATH through P.O.BoX 493 Code 1110:
- A detailed curriculum vitae with 3 references
- Renewed business license
- TIN and VAT registration certificates
- Financial proposal quoting a daily rate including taxes
- Please note that if the consultant is not licensed
Apply to Data Management Consultant