Communication expert who will support the Labour, Employment and Migration Division and manage the communication and advocacy around the Migration P
Within the framework of the EU-Africa summit on migration in November 2015 in Valletta, the German Federal Ministry on Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) is committed to support the African Union in the field of migration and displacement. This support has been implemented through an Open Fund since 2016 and has been continued through the project “Support to the African Union on Migration and Displacement” since 2017. The project aims at capacitating the AU to fully implement its mandate on migration and displacement.
The project supports the AU Department for Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development both technically as well as in relation to key problems in management, organizational structures, advocacy and communication. The Department for Health, Humanitarian Affairs and Social Development is composed of thematic divisions. Among these, is Labour, Employment & Migration (LEM). The mandate of LEM division is to: Develop and promote migration and mobility policy propositions, advance policy discourse on decent jobs and productive employment, including through social security and social protection, the transformation of the informal economy, in view of eradicating poverty.
The 2018 Migration Policy Framework for Africa and its Plan of Action (MPFA), is the main policy document of the African Union to push forward its agenda on ensuring that migration is safe, orderly and regular. The Plan of Action, in providing guidance on the steering efforts of the AU, has put as a priority the development of a communication and awareness raising strategy. This strategy, finalized in 2019 after thorough discussion among members of the AU Coordination Committee on Migration, stipulated the production and dissemination of regular newsletter and all other digital communication products through which AU Commission and Organs could further popularize the MPFA and other frameworks, programs and initiatives on migration and mobility.
The project ‘“Support to the African Union on Migration and Displacement” is looking for the service of a communication expert who will support the Labour, Employment and Migration Division and manage the communication and advocacy around the Migration Policy Framework for Africa and AU migration agenda guided by the communication strategy.
0. Tasks to be performed by the contractor
The contractor is responsible for providing the following services:
· Provide technical support to the Labour, Employment and Migration (LEM) Division in the implementation of Communication Strategy of the Migration Policy Framework for Africa;
· Develop technical plans and review projects communication tools to support various programming initiatives of LEM division;
· Assist on the coordination of all communication activities for projects especially in relation to public awareness for key campaigns.
· Collect and compile updated programme/ project profiles from various programming initiatives of the LEM division on a bi-monthly basis and prepare the programme/project summary documents;
· Support documentation of project results like success stories including photography and video taping
· As the LEM’s Media Focal Point, coordinate and publicize LEM division’s events, launches and reports in coordination with the Head of Division.
· Prepare press releases and briefing notes for press conferences, which are run by the Division in coordination with project Coordinators;
· Identify key stakeholder in media and develop strategies for media engagement to help popularise the activities of the LEM and encourage public awareness and participation
· Support the production of digital communication materials such as video clips
· Support production of written materials for publication and publicity, such as newsletters, annual reports, brochures, leaflets
· Recommend layout and design of reports and other similar documents
· Identify suitable media channels and agents’ partners to support dissemination of key policy messages.
· Support on the set up of the LEM knowledge management platform
· Coordination/liaison with AUCCM, DIC and partners on the sphere of MPFA communication
· Manage social media, twitter, set up LEM email address, regular posting of activities
· Manage, support content development and maintenance (regular updates) for the website and digital/social media
· Provide technical support to editorial and content development
· Any other related tasks as assigned by the Head of Division
GIZ AU intends to award a contract for the service of a communication expert who will support the Labour, Employment and Migration Division and manage the communication and advocacy around the Migration Policy Framework for Africa and AU migration agenda guided by the communication strategy for the following project named Migration & Displacement(Migration).
How to apply:
Should you be interested in implementing the task please send an email at the following address AU_Bidderquestions@giz.de, referring to transaction no.83379590_Communication Expert to receive TOR & tender documents.
The submission deadline to this tender is May 24, 2021(date of receipt at GIZ) in English Language.
Estimated duration of the project