Responsible for overall leadership in developing and executing strategies for grant acquisition goals in line with FH Ethiopia’s (FHE) Country Strategy.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
Resource Mobilization Strategy Development
• Lead the design and roll out of resource mobilization strategy in collaboration with all other departments.
• Ensure alignment of resource mobilization strategy with FH’s global corporate strategy and’s FHE Country Strategy.
• Keep abreast of relevant trends & developments within the development and humanitarian sector and align FHE’s strategies to preposition the organization.
• Lead processes to identify and regularly review annual Resource Mobilization targets for FHE in line with the corporate and country strategy.
• Work collaboratively with senior management to integrate business development activities across departments and functions.
• Set and maintaining quality standards for new business development-related activities.
External Engagement and Partnerships Management
• Lead strategic initiatives to broaden and deepen FHE’s donor base and strategic partnerships in collaboration with country Senior Leadership Team.
• Build and manage a portfolio of relationships with prospective donors, including bi/multilateral donors, private foundations, and other non-traditional donors; undertake field visits with these donors to generate their interests in FHE’s programs.
• Represent FHE’s business development and promote the organization’s visibility at relevant meetings, events, and within resource mobilization or donor-specific peer networks.
• In coordination with the FH Global Grant Management Team, manage contact database and information for donors in a holistic manner.
Proposal Development Leadership
• Identify and track relevant upcoming funding opportunities; through advance intelligence gathering, partner relationships, and other available resources.
• Develop, support, and enhance fundraising skills throughout the organization.
• Develop, maintain, and improve business development resources and tools including opportunity tracking, proposal development manual and proposal templates.
• Responsible for overseeing proposal development and for constructing the proposal teams for critical/strategic proposals and contribute to design, drafting management and other sections of the proposal in advance of the solicitation in partnerships with the grant management team.
• Review draft proposal documents to ensure compliance with solicitation instructions and technical approach, verify logical flow and clarity, and recommend revisions and edits.
• Conduct prospecting visits to identify partners and prepare for upcoming funding opportunities.
Build FHE’s visibility and strengthen the organization’s brand and culture
• Recommend best practices for internal communications and support drafting of internal organizational announcements, articles for company newsletter, social media, and website content.
• Responsible for producing an attractive and informative annual fund acquisition report capturing the annual achievements across FH Ethiopia program.
• Oversee and approve content and materials for fundraising, programs, and communications, including campaign messaging; cases for support; fundraising appeals and acknowledgments; press releases; social media, and video content.
• Support grant-related contracts and reporting in collaboration with program staff; ensure all deadlines are anticipated and met.
• As appropriate, shall be responsible for creating, promoting, and maintaining an environment that prevents sexual exploitation and abuse and take appropriate measures for this purpose.
Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Demonstrated computer operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
• Proven experience and successful track record in resource mobilization (different models and approaches including campaigns, grassroots efforts, etc.), marketing and communications with donors such as USAID, EU/ECHO, UN, CFGB and others.
• Excellent English verbal and written skills, good presentation and reading skills with the ability to effectively communicate and positively influence.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills, oral, written and presentation.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions independently.
• Must work independently under difficult conditions.
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and organizational skills Passionate about fulfilling FH mission of demonstrating the love of Christ to people affected by disaster, conflict, and poverty.
• Develops and maintains good working relationships with colleagues.
• Effectively and efficiently manages all resources entrusted to him/her for work purposes.
• Maintains an attitude and behavior in accordance with FH values and principles.
• Medical fitness to live and travel in rural and urban areas with extreme conditions and limited medical support.
• Ability to travel up to 10% of time per year in the region and internationally, to insecure countries or locations.
• At least five years related experience working with a large and complex International Non-Governmental Organizations.
• Master’s degree in business, International Development, or similar field.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Insurance - Health, Disability, Life
Paid holidays, vacation, & sick leave
Pension, after one year of service
How to apply:
An application and resume through our online system is required. Click here to access our system.