Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Advisor
Global and national health indicators highlight the need to have a greater focus on adolescents' health and wellbeing. Complications from pregnancy, childbirth and unsafe abortion are a leading cause of death for young women aged 15 to 19. When girls give birth, there is also increased risk of death and disability to her new born. Adolescents have one of the highest rates of unmet need for family planning. Young people are at high risk for contracting HIV with 40% of all new HIV infections occurring in 15 to 24 year olds. Sexual violence among adolescents, especially in humanitarian emergencies, also continues to pose significant risks to adolescents. Yet adolescents typically do not have access to high quality sexual and reproductive health information and services.
Thus, Save the Children has been working to improve Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) conditions integrated in both development and humanitarian contexts. To ensure the quality of implementation of our ARSH programming, Save the Children plans to recruit a senior Advisor who can provide the required technical leadership. The senior Advisor will be responsible to technically lead all ASRH programmes in planning and executing capacity building actions, ensure the implementation of Save the children's quality parameters like quality bench marks, common approaches and others. S/he will work to establish and strengthen relationship and a critical link between the Save the Children's global, regional and in-country stakeholders and partners. The senior Advisor will lead to strengthen strategic partnerships for new business development and work in designing ARHR programmes that will impact the life of adolescent and their families. S/he plays a role of internal coordination for our ASRH programming and represent the CO in both internal and external platforms. The senior Advisor will lead the processes of identifying and document learnings, organize and share learning session and follow up the implementation at all levels of program operations.
In order to be successful, you will bring/have:
- Master's Degree in public health, Reproductive Health or other related field. BSc degree with exceptional and relevant work experience may be considered in lieu.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in technically lead, managing and implement large-scale ASRH or related projects,
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Solid experience in designing and technically support the implementation of ASRH programming that ensure programmes/projects towards impact, scale and sustainability.
- Experience in providing technical leadership for ASRH programmes in both development and humanitarian settings
- Experience and skill in building capacity and provide mentorship ASRH or related program managers, specialists, officers and coordinators
- Experience and skill in identify and documenting learnings, best practices, and facilitate learnings
- Experience in developing donor relationships, working with/guiding national level technical working groups, working with government partners, with partner agencies.
- Good knowledge of the Ethiopian health systems and policies
- Strong result orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mind sets
- Good skill in communicating, organizing group discussion, and presentation
- Good computer skill (MS word, MS excel, MS access and other data generating tools)
- Solid experience working with Government of Ethiopia especially with MOH and Ministry of Women, Youth and Children Affairs
- Demonstrated skills working in partnership with CSOs, international donors and agencies.
- Significant expertise providing technical assistance to national ASRH policies and strategies
- Training, negotiation, mentorship, facilitation and team building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Amharic, able to communicate professionally with a wide range of contacts; able to show tact and discretion when dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
Commitment to Save the Children values
KEY COMPETENCIES (Indicative / Key Competencies)
- Drives Quality ASRH Programming: Trains and mentors' others on the application of relevant health sector and ASRH sub-theme standards
- Understanding of Impact of emergencies on health and nutrition programming and health outcomes: Engages in the humanitarian aid architecture, the cluster approach and inter-cluster coordination of public health information
- Able to build sustainable and integrated ASRH programmes: Builds the capacity of others to design and implement integrated ASRH sensitive and specific programming and advocacy
- Able to link local to national and global level advocacy efforts, supporting localisation of change and influencing global policy development
- Being the Voice of Children: Promotes evidence-based policy and public engagement that includes the voices of children and their communities
Advancing Equality & Inclusion: Displays a commitment to ensuring everything we do considers the most deprived and marginalised children and adolescent
Building & Strengthening Partnerships: Promotes working with diverse partners as critical to delivery Child Rights: Promotes the rights of children in own work and in work with colleagues and peers
Contract duration: One Year with possibility of extension
Location: Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agent
How to apply:
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=ZS5hbWIuOTU5MDcuMTIxODVAc2F2ZXRoZWNoaWxkc...