OROMIA COFFEE AND DAIRY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT VIDEOGRAPHY TOR
Solidaridad Network is an international solution-oriented civil society organization working through eight regional expertise centres to transform markets to make them more sustainable and inclusive. Solidaridad Eastern and Central Africa, one of the regional centres, is headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya. We bring together supply chain players and engage them with innovative solutions to improve production, ensuring the transition to a sustainable and inclusive economy that maximizes the benefit for all. We facilitate the strengthening of local capacity in developing countries, support the creation of enabling environments for economies to thrive, and improve market access.
The Oromia coffee and dairy development project, funded by Comic Relief, was implemented to improve food security for farming families and increase the net income of smallholder coffee farmers. To achieve this goal, the project focused on; training government extension workers, lead farmers and follower farmers, distributing improved seedlings to project beneficiaries, equipping lead farmers and model farmers with hand tools, and providing heifers to organized groups (a total of 155 coffee women farmers) through a revolving fund. To improve the food security of selected smallholder coffee farmers and their families by improving economic resilience through:
- Crop diversification.
- Improved production methods.
- Introduction of dairy farming.
- Development of micro-enterprises for women.
- Increasing access to extension services through face-to-face and digitized approaches.
- Enhancing partnership, collaboration, and capacity of producer marketing groups for sustainability.
2. PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT
The main purpose of this assignment is to produce five (5) high-quality video clips and at least 100 high-resolution photos to communicate the Oromia Coffee and Dairy Development Project interventions on smallholder coffee farmers, their families, farmer cooperatives, and communities. This will be achieved through the following assignment objectives:
- Produce five (5) high-quality video clip (2 - 4 minutes) in line with the documentation plan to be provided to successful consultant;
- Produce at least 100 high-resolution images (individual and group photos) that:
● Show the life and living circumstances of the beneficiary; and,
● Show their activities as follows:
➔ Close-up portraits
➔ Medium or full-length shots of the beneficiary on their field or in front of their house
➔ If possible, some playful, fun photos. People hugging, giving high fives, showing their farm produce in the air, etc. See the examples at the end of this document.
- Five (5) high-quality video clip (2 - 4 minutes) highlighting five individual interviews for broadcast and non-broadcast;
- A minimum of 100 high-resolution photographs, edited (post-processed), tagged, and captioned according to the Solidaridad photography guidelines;
- Word document with all the powerful statements/quotes (at least one caption/powerful statement per interviewee) captured during the interviews.
- Five graphics- image combined with the selected powerful statement/quote into one graphic.
4. CONSULTANCY PERIOD
The assignment is for a fixed period of 14 days:
● Four (4) days for pre-production and logistical preparations
● Four (4) days for photography/videography in Abaya and Gelana Districts, Ethiopia
● Six (6) days for post-production writing, editing, etc.
Assignment Starting date – April 15, 2021
Date of submission of products for review – April 29, 2021
5. REQUIREMENT AND SELECTION CRITERIA OF SERVICE PROVIDER
- Outstanding top-notch videography skills matched with photography expertise;
- Outstanding video, audio, and photo editing skills;
- A proven track record (samples of previous similar assignments need to be presented) specifically on documenting project success stories;
- Experience with documenting international development work.
The technical proposal should include the following:
● Organization Profile (max 1 page) explaining why they are the most suitable for the work;
● Relevant Experience (max 1 page);
● Detailed methodology framework with expected deliverables, timelines, man-days, and financial resources required (3-5 pages);
● Recent CV’s for the team;
● Company Registration and PIN certificates;
● 3 testimonials from 3 organizations for which the service provider executed a similar assignment.
The financial proposal should include the following:
● Fixed professional fee for the assignment including preparation, fieldwork (photography & videography), data analysis, writing process, final editing, and reporting;
● Government taxes;
● Other related costs.
P.S. The service provider is responsible for his/her own equipment (e.g. cameras, laptops), including the proper insurance of such items and software.
6. COPYRIGHT CREDITS
In consideration of the fees paid, the videographer expressly assigns to Solidaridad any copyright arising from the works the videographer produces while executing this contract. Solidaridad herewith has non-exclusive world rights to selected images in all media (so including non-Solidaridad media) in perpetuity. Solidaridad will not use the images for other purposes than promoting Solidaridad (in the widest sense of the word).
In printed materials with a colophon, Solidaridad will credit the photographers. In external media, photographers can be credited with a combination of the name of Solidaridad with the name of the photographer, so: © Solidaridad/John Doe.
In digital media, posters, and banners photographers are usually not credited.
All images (whether used for online or print purposes) must include the videographer’s name in the metadata. The videographer may not use, reproduce or otherwise disseminate or authorize others to use, reproduce or disseminate such works without prior consent from Solidaridad.
How to apply:
1. HOW TO APPLY
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before April 12, 2021, at 5:00 pm (EAT) with the subject as “PRODUCTION OF END OF PROJECT SUCCESS STORIES - VIDEOS AND HIGH-RESOLUTION PHOTOS - FOR FOR SOLIDARIDAD EAST AND CENTRAL AFRICA IN ETHIOPIA”.
Note: Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification and only the successful candidate will be contacted.**