Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist - Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive
Overview: IBTCI is seeking a M&E Specialist, with extensive experience in the food security, nutrition, livelihoods, and resiliency sectors, for the five-year Ethiopia Resilience Platform for Adaptive Management (R-PAL) Activity. The purpose of the R-PAL is to support the USAID/Ethiopia Transition into Graduation through Enhanced Resilience (TIGER) Project – both its staff and its key stakeholders – to be more efficient, effective, transparent and skilled in achieving development outcomes through the use of evidence, adaptive management techniques, and Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) practices that enable increased resilience for the chronically vulnerable in the Highlands.
Ethiopia R-PAL is expected to achieve four objectives:
- Objective 1: Collaboration and coordination among USAID Ethiopia Highlands Resilience partners and investments is established and facilitated to support collective impact;
- Objective 2: Highlands resilience investments are informed by learning, evidence, and research;
- Objective 3: Adaptive management processes and solutions for USAID Highlands Resilience investments are adopted and employed towards evidence-based program iteration (and ingrained in the partnership’s culture);
- Objective 4: Innovation within USAID’s Highlands programming drives early adoption and scaling of new rigorously tested approaches.
This position is contingent upon award and anticipated to start in fall 2021.
Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Oversee an in-depth evaluability assessment and critically assess data availability, quality and gaps to inform its choice of evaluation methods. This will include an analysis of the results framework and related indicators;
- Manage the conduct of field research including data collection and analysis;
- Responsible for supporting the development and completion of the following deliverables: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Plan, Quarterly Progress Reports, and Annual Performance Report.
- Prepare graphic and PowerPoint presentations of quantitative and qualitative data with state of the art data visualization techniques;
- Assist with conducting briefings with USAID and other stakeholders, when necessary;
- Participate with other team members in tasks such as theory of change, indicator selection, data triangulation, tool development presentations, and report writing;
- Develop evaluation and research timelines and budgets;
- Capture, analyze, and visualize data from research studies, assessments, and evaluations;
- Adhere to USAID, IBTCI, and local rules, regulations, and standard operating procedures (including USAID FARS and ADS);
- Adhere to IBTCI project communication protocol;
- Represent the evaluation team in meetings with USAID staff;
- Supervise the production of all written and oral reports as required for this evaluation;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s degree in the social sciences, preferably in Food Security and/or Livelihoods & Resiliency, Public Policy, Statistics, or other relevant field.
- At least ten (10) years’ experience in conducting evaluations and/or assessments for USAID-funded projects;
- Experience implementing detailed, organized, timely, accurate M&E programs;
- Demonstrated ability to design performance evaluations;
- Experience leveraging performance monitoring data for improving ongoing project management;
- Experience in designing and field-testing surveys and other data collection instruments;
- Proven track record of evaluation of capacity strengthening activities at institutional and community level;
- Team leadership, coordination, planning and management including strong problem-solving skills;
- Experience in the analysis of policy, advocacy and partnerships;
- Strong analytical, synthesis, report writing, and presentation skills and ability to deliver on time;
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment, with short-term periods for data collection in the field.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: Travel in and around Ethiopia is essential. Regional travel may be necessary.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education, energy & Infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page).
How to apply:
Apply through the company's website job posting at the link below: