Head, Country Cluster Delegation for Ethiopia and Djibouti
Strengthening of National Societies (NS) to deliver services and advocate on behalf of vulnerable people
- Lead the IFRC Secretariat Team to organize and manage the support to the National Societies, represent the Secretariat and maintain good relations with all National Societies and Participating National Societies (PNSs) involved in the countries within the cluster.
- Understand the needs and concerns of all National Societies working in these countries (including PNSs) and ensure that IFRC provides relevant support to them.
- Ensure that the Secretariat delivers and provides quality support to National Societies and that core programs are properly planned, managed, and monitored; and that capacity-building opportunities are fully exploited.
- Ensure that evaluations of IFRC-supported programs are carried out according to project/program plans and that lessons are effectively shared.
- Lead resource mobilization efforts to finance IFRC Secretariat- and National Society-supported programs in the countries within the cluster for both the region and the global activities of IFRC and the National Society.
- Support the National Societies in their plans to strengthen their financial sustainability, the growth of the number of volunteers, and their capacities to engage in international cooperation.
Implementation of Strategy 2030 and the Agenda for Renewal
· Ensure effective analysis on the humanitarian impact on Ethiopia and Djibouti of the five global strategic priorities identified in S2030 and work with the respective National Societies on practical solutions to respond to the needs arising from the humanitarian challenges they are facing.
· Facilitate the conditions for a successful implementation of the IFRC Agenda for Renewal within both countries, starting with the enhancement of internal effectiveness and efficiency as well as with the provision of relevant support to the National Societies to enable them to tackle the priority transformations identified.
· Ensure that regular monitoring mechanisms exist for evaluating the progress made in taking forward S2030 and the Agenda for Renewal in Ethiopia and Djibouti.**
Coordination, cooperation, and formation of strategic partnerships
- Ensure that IFRC policies, procedures, guidelines, and quality standards are well known and complied with.
- Facilitate cooperation and coordination in all programs and operations among the host National Societies, PNSs and ICRC to ensure the most effective mobilization and utilization of resources across the geographical area of focus.
- Build effective cooperation and partnerships with a wide range of partners and stakeholders in government, civil society, academia, and the private sector.
- In coordination with the regional Partnership and Resource Development Team, support the National Societies to develop concrete partnerships, development, and humanitarian diplomacy objectives.
Support to global IFRC initiatives
- Working with National Societies and Governments, particularly the countries within the cluster, build global alliances and develop interest in, and support for, the global work of the IFRC.
- Support the conclusion and implementation of Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) for international humanitarian and development cooperation with the Governments and National Societies.
- Support and lead global partnerships with Governments and institutions in these countries, in close consultation with the National Societies concerned.
Development of effective humanitarian diplomacy
- Monitor and analyze political, economic, and social trends in the countries within the cluster for planning purposes and for keeping information the IFRC Secretariat and partners informed.
- Formulate policy objectives for advocacy, communications, and external relations for the countries within the cluster in line with the global priorities of the Federation.
- Represent IFRC at national, regional, and international events taking place in the countries within the cluster as well as at meetings of global relevance.
- Help National Societies to enhance their auxiliary role in the humanitarian field and to develop effective humanitarian diplomacy, communications, and external relations, and ensure that they build on and promote IFRC priorities.
- Ensure effective cooperation with ICRC and IFRC membership in the countries within the cluster in representation and advocacy work.
Response to disasters
- Provide effective support, including technical advice, to ensure that appropriate disaster preparedness and response mechanisms are established in each National Society and IFRC office to facilitate effective disaster response and coordination with national response mechanism as well as to build on and strengthen National Society capacities in this area.
- Ensure that national resources from the countries within the cluster are made available rapidly and efficiently to support IFRC disaster response.
- Work with the Regional Emergency and Crisis Team on the management of international appeals and international response coordination when and where appropriate.
Management of People and Secretariat resources in the region.
- Ensure that an effective and relevant organizational structure is in place for effective support of National Societies in these countries.
- Manage all staff under his/her authority - including those in the Country Cluster Delegation as well as in the countries covered by the cluster delegation.
- Ensure the application of all established HR policies and procedures, and that staff hired in-country are employed in accordance with local laws and practices.
- Implement the IFRC Secretariat's gender and diversity policies.
- Ensure dissemination of the Code of Conduct for Staff to everyone under his/her authority.
*Finance and Risk Management
- Ensure sound financial management of the Secretariat's programming in the countries within the cluster as well as ensure that effective budget planning is in place, and that programs operate within approved budgets.
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of the reporting of the Federation Secretariat's programming.
- Maintain regular management reporting to the Regional Director.
- Ensure that the office maintains comprehensive and effective 24/7 security management that will have a positive impact on, and enhance, personnel as well as assets safety and security.
- Ensure all IFRC (and other RCRC) personnel, assets, and operations under IFRC responsibility are adequately protected and that identified security risks are mitigated as much as possible.
- Ensure that the security management system is adequate to ensure that IFRC Duty of Care and legal liabilities are respected.
- Undertake security risk assessments of IFRC operations according to the needs to ensure compliance with the IFRC's Minimum-Security Requirements (MSR). This includes office, residential and site security coordination.
- Develop and update appropriate security plans and procedures in accordance with MSR and ensure that the security plans are well known and complied with.
- Monitor and evaluate compliance with mandatory IFRC safety & security trainings (for example, e-learning programs).
- Respond 24/7 to IFRC or RCRC-related security incidents/emergencies/crises to safeguard personnel, assets, and operations.
- Monitor and analyze the security, political and socio-economic situation, and identify security related trends and issues that affect the IFRC and RC/RC Movement.
- Establish and maintain internal and external security-related contacts and participate in security meetings both internally and externally with ICRC, UN, local authorities, NGOs, and embassies, as required.
- Advise staff on coordinating actions required to deal with security-sensitive situations and if required the management of critical incidents.
Follow up on security incidents and ensure correct reporting to the Security Unit.
Ensure that appropriate country-specific security briefings and debriefings are provided to Federation and PNS personnel as well as visitors entering or exiting the country and others as required.
How to apply:
Kindly submit your CV on the link below: