Child Domestic Workers (CDW) norm and behaviour change campaign consultancy
The Freedom Fund is looking for a consultancy firm to design and implement a norm and behaviour change campaign in Ethiopia. The campaign aims to change the way child domestic workers (CDW) are perceived and influence the behaviour of employers in particular to reduce the risk of abuse and exploitation of CDWs.
The aim of this campaign is to influence the behaviours of employers to change the way child domestic workers are perceived and treated and to reduce worst forms of child labor and exploitation, including trafficking. The campaign should engage primarily with employers so they understand their responsibilities towards child domestic workers, the needs and rights of child domestic workers and the circumstances in which children should not be working.
The Freedom Fund anticipates this consultancy to be between 20- and 23-month project, with the design phase commencing in May - June 2021 and the campaign being launched by end of October 2021 until March 2023. The campaign might have different phases and activities that will run through a number of months during implementation period of the project. This will need to be specified as part of the workplan. The endline measurement is anticipated to take place in the first quarter of 2023 by an independent evaluation team.
Organisations and consortia (including academic institutions, research agencies and consulting firms) are invited to submit proposals for this research. The lead organisation must be a legally registered entity according to the laws of the country in which it operates.
- Prior experience in designing behavioural change campaigns
- Prior experience in implementing successful behavioural change campaigns, and the media/ communications know-how to implement within the context
- Expertise in market research methods, especially focus groups
- Strength in the field of management and monitoring of media campaigns
- Fluency in both Amharic and English, and a willingness to work closely with the Freedom Fund
Interested parties should prepare a proposal of no more than 10 pages plus annexes. Proposals should contain the following sections:
- Profile of organisation(s) and principal investigator(s), outlining prior experience leading similar campaigns. CVs of key personnel should be included in the annex.
- Methodology, including details on how the suggested approach, outlined above, will be addressed by the agency and what the value add at each stage will be. Methodology should include acknowledgement of trade-offs and limitations, including considerations for risks and mitigation measures - especially in relation to Covid 19.
- Team structure, defining the role and time commitment of key project team members.
- High-level workplan and deliverables.
Proposed budget in USD.
The proposal must be written in English and submitted electronically in Microsoft Office or PDF format.
How to apply:
Deadline: Proposals should be submitted by 12th of May 2021. Applicants should be ready to begin undertaking the work from June 2021. Please submit all proposal materials to the Freedom Fund using the following email address EthiopiaRFP@freedomfund.org and the title Child Domestic Workers (CDW) norm and behaviour change campaign.
Review: Following submission of the proposal, Freedom Fund will review and request additional information as needed.