Chief of party | Ethiopia | 2021
Chemonics seeks interested and qualified individuals for the chief of party position for the anticipated USAID-funded Private Health Sector programming in Ethiopia. The Private Health Sector opportunity will seek to strengthen public-private health partnerships in the country by incorporating the private health sector as an indispensable component of the national health care delivery system. The project will build patient-centered public private partnerships and integrate key public health services into private sector services. Ethiopian Nationals are encouraged to apply. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide leadership, oversight, management, and overall coordination of technical activities, trainings, and increased public-private collaboration, in coordination with the senior management team
- Support the development and implementation of key management systems that will support project planning, reporting, and performance management
- Oversee and review all technical writing products and deliverables, including on-going quality assurance and quality improvement
- Ensure all program assistance is technically sound and appropriate for local context, and integrate innovative practices, emerging knowledge, and international best practices into program activities
- Identify challenges, obstacles, and difficulties affecting program implementation, develop strategies to solve those problems, and work with USAID and program staff as needed to implement those strategies
- Develop and maintain relationships with the Government of Ethiopia, partners, private providers, and other key stakeholders in the private and public health sectors at the community, country, and international level
- MD plus advanced degree in public health, business management/administration, health economics, international health, health policy, or in a related field
- Minimum of 15 years senior-level experience in managing health programs in Ethiopia
- Five years of experience working as chief of party, deputy chief of party, country director, or senior leadership position, with USAID experience preferred
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience working in one of the following areas: market access, pharmaceutical and/or medical technology, digital health, health service delivery, and/or public-private partnerships
- Knowledge of Ethiopian health systems, private sector, and governance structures at all levels, including challenges, opportunities, and historical context
- Excellent diplomacy skills and a proven ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with stakeholders, including the U.S. government, the Ethiopian government, and representatives of community organizations, NGOs, and the private sector
- An understanding of gender approaches in development
- Strong skills in data use and interpretation, and ability to adapt program activities based on continuous quality improvement
- Ability to perform at a senior management level, including managing staff in a matrixed system with a focus on adaptive management
- Experience and a positive working relationship with USAID, including knowledge of USAID rules and regulations, compliance, reporting requirements, and grant management
- Fluent English oral and written communication skills is required
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
How to apply:
Please complete this application and submit your resume or CV in the link below by May 13, 2021 at 5 pm EST. No telephone inquiries, please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.