Senior Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Specialist, USAID/Ethiopia Collaborating, Learning and Adapting Platform Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Senior Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Specialist, USAID/Ethiopia Collaborating, earning and Adapting Platform Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of providing monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) services, as well as programming in institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries worldwide, including Ghana, Ethiopia, Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
MSI is preparing to bid on the USAID/Ethiopia Collaborating, Learning and Adapting (CLA) Platform contract, expected to be competed in the Spring of 2021. This anticipated project will serve as a follow-on to a current contract that supports the achievement of USAID/Ethiopia's Country Development Cooperation Strategy (CDCS) and its associated development objectives. The contract will support the Mission in planning, designing, conducting, disseminating and learning from rigorous monitoring and evaluation of its development activities; and with the strengthening of monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL), organizational learning and knowledge management at USAID/Ethiopia. It will also enhance the institutional capacity of host country and local partners to improve their MEL capacity and their use of evidence for programming, learning and adapting. This contract is expected to support a 5-year project scheduled to begin in the Fall of 2021.
The Senior CLA Specialist will have primary responsibility for delivering monitoring, evaluation and learning services and guiding the results of the USAID/Ethiopia MEL Contract. S/he will oversee delivery of continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support to the Mission focused on organizational learning, adaptive management, and knowledge management, using data and knowledge collected through Mission-funded programming. Data sources will include performance monitoring, evaluations, research, special studies and stakeholder feedback related to USAID/Ethiopia projects and activities.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adaptive management practices in USAID/Ethiopia business processes and throughout the program cycle, for the Mission and its implementing partners (IPs).
- Coordinate, plan, and implement institutional learning activities relevant to the achievement of USAID/Ethiopia's CDCS goals and objectives, such as special studies, pauses and reflection activities, after action reviews, briefings, and communities of practices, learning events and/or seminars.
- In collaboration with the Chief of Party and other senior staff, assume a leadership role in identifying critical knowledge gaps and needs related to key strategic risks and assumptions identified in the Mission's CDCS. Support Learning Agenda to address gaps identified.
- Serve as a convener and facilitator for dialogue and learning around emerging issues.
- Develop resources and learning products to create, capture, organize, translate, share, and apply knowledge to improve USAID Ethiopia's programming.
- Coordinate knowledge capturing, sharing and strategic learning to speed innovation and bring new innovations to the Mission's programmatic work in Ethiopia.
- Lead team efforts to deepen USAID/Ethiopia's and IP's learning capabilities and introduce improved avenues for programmatic learning and adaptation. Will include strengthening their ability to draw contextual, programmatic and operational learning from monitoring, evaluation, analytical and other assessment efforts.
- A MA or PhD in a field relevant to development assistance, such as international affairs, political science, sociology, economics, business, public administration, development studies, organizational development, communications, or a closely related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible, professional work experience in institutional learning, research, analysis, knowledge management and communication.
- Strong facilitation skills demonstrated by successful past facilitation of learning and other events.
- Experience analyzing development assistance programs and monitoring and evaluation data.
- Individual initiative, self-direction, and strong inter-personal skills and charisma.
- Computer literacy and superior oral and written communication skills.
- Three (3) years of experience living and working in developing country environments; experience working is Ethiopia or region strongly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; English language fluency required.
- Quality past performance references
- USAID experience strongly preferred.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email MSI.Dept.HRRecruiting@tetratechinc.onmicrosoft.com with Reasonable Accommodations in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.