Procurement Specialist - Infrastructure
Established in 2009, UNOPS Ethiopia Office has been providing services to various partners, including the government of Ethiopia, UN agencies such as WHO, UNHCR and WFP, and other international organizations. Since 2014, the UNOPS Ethiopia Multi-country Office (ETMCO) runs and coordinates the UNOPS activities in Ethiopia, as well as Sudan and Djibouti. The UNOPS ETMCO team is composed of approximately 100 national and international women and men, and offers a broad range of services such as infrastructure, procurement, project management, financial and human resources management.
Under the guidance and supervision of the Head of Support Services, the Procurement Specialist - Infrastructure will work to provide various internal and external clients with procurement and logistics management services. These services will include:
- Procurement of infrastructure works and construction services for various internal UNOPS clients, as well as external clients.
- Management of construction/works/infrastructure contracts in place, as well as troubleshooting with vendors, as required.
- Management of the procurement of a variety of goods and services required for the UNOPS office, and successful implementation of its projects.
Please see role details at UNOPS Jobs.
- Advanced Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Construction Management, Project Management, Business Administration, or relevant fields is required.
- A First University degree in combination with a minimum of seven (7) years’ qualifying experience, may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Professional certificate on Procurement or Supply Chain Management (such as CIPS 2 or 3 and above) is an added advantage.
B. Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Procurement Management experience at the national or the international level is required.
- At least 1 year experience in procurement of infrastructure works and/or construction management services is required.
- Experience with developing long-term agreements, rosters and other strategic sourcing approaches is highly desired.
- Experience in development and / or supervision of infrastructure projects is an asset.
- Experience in rule of law infrastructure is an asset.
- Experience in FIDIC contracts is an asset.
- Work experience in international organizations is an asset.
C. Language Requirements
Fluency in written and oral English is required.
How to apply:
To apply, go to: https://jobs.unops.org/pages/viewvacancy/VADetails.aspx?id=21364
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Open to Ethiopian nationals/locals only.