Economic Opportunities Technical Lead
Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
The Economic Opportunities Technical Lead will be responsible for the technical oversight and design of programmatic activities related to the improved education, life skills, employability and entrepreneurship for youth. Ensuring the quality and timeliness of technical deliverables, and coordination with partners and program staff, the Economic Opportunities Technical Lead will provide strategic vision for managing activities and will ensure the quality of work and compliance with contractual obligations and results and will be responsible for the quality and performance of work that is sub-contracted to other partners.
This activity will incorporate basic education, higher education, and family planning resources to empower youth to advance their own social, economic, and civic development. Simultaneously aiming to strengthen the capacity of Ethiopian higher education institutions, youth-serving organizations, and health and financial service providers, the project will support economic and social opportunities for youth (aged 15-29) in Addis Ababa and 10-15 key secondary cities.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Economic Opportunities Technical Lead will report to the Chief of Party, based in Addis Ababa.
- Oversee all program activities in relation to the facilitation of constructive youth skills building and youth-led enterprises promoted;
- Manage and oversee youth outreach in targeted areas;
- Develop and implement project approach to increasing access to quality education, training, and services for youth to improved life skills, employability, and entrepreneurship outcomes;
- In coordination with the project team, engage with youth, the business community, civil society, and other stakeholders to assess the strengths and challenges of education and training systems as well as support services for youth to improved life skills, employability, and entrepreneurship;
- Co-create strategies to build on strengths and address challenges identified in conjunction with the GoE ministries, development associations, local stakeholders and local Chambers of Commerce;
- Lead the development or adaptation of tools, resources, and approaches to support improvements in education and training systems and support services for out-of-school youth;
- Ensure project activities are meeting client expectations and that project results and accomplishments are disseminated appropriately;
- Work with the COP to improve implementation processes throughout the project;
- Represent the project in local, national, and international meetings and events in the absence of the COP; and
Assist in the identification, recruitment, and management of consultants, and sub awardees as necessary.**Qualifications**
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, with additional experience in similar types of programs (Master's degree preferred);
At least eight (8) years of experience in relevant management, supervisory, technical experience working with programs of a similar scope and scale
Demonstrated technical knowledge in Positive Youth Development (PYD), economic growth, financial inclusion, or related fields;
Experience working with donor projects, USAID preferred;
Demonstrated ability to organize program work teams;
Demonstrated ability to collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, and to liaise as needed with donor and home office personnel to ensure the smooth implementation of the contract;
Strong communication and interpersonal skills; and
Fluency in English, written and spoken.