Digital Health Specialist
At Last Mile Health (LMH), we go as far as it takes for our patients. Do you have experience working alongside Ministries of Health in information and technology projects? If so, you might be an excellent fit for the Digital Health Specialist role based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Reporting to the Program Director, the Digital Health Specialist will work closely with the Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH), and LMH’s Global Digital Health team, to support the design, development, testing, and implementation of a digital reproductive, maternal, newborn, and child health (RMNCH) Training Module. Additionally, the Specialist will coordinate with the government and implementing partners to integrate the eLearning platform with the Electronic Community Health Information System (eCHIS) platform as part of LMH’s commitment to equip 40,000 Health Extension Workers (HEWs with digital tools.
What You'll Do
- Collect and disseminate feedback from LMH team members, the FMOH, and end-users to develop a deep understanding of the problems to be solved through the eLearning platform
- Track and report technical bugs and operational challenges during software development and during deployment.
- Lead the integration of the LMH-supported eLearning platform with the FMOH's eCHIS under the guidance and leadership of the FMOH.
- Negotiate and facilitate all data sharing agreements and platform management arrangements between LMH and MOH.
- Work with the Global Digital Health team and consultants to develop technical requirements for software development including acceptance criteria and user stories.
- Make recommendations to the FMOH surrounding HEW hardware needs compatible with Oppia Mobile and eCHIS.
- Co-design technical integration between Oppia mobile and eCHIS, in collaboration with MOH,consultants, and eCHIS software development team
- Lead the deployment of learning modules on Oppia Mobile and work with the FMOHand end-users to ensure that users are able to access and download learning modules.
- Support systems and field testing of learning modules on the Oppia Mobile platform for ongoing redesign.
- Support trainings, orientation, and deployment of learning modules and eCHIS for relevant stakeholder, including to HEWs in 20 districts across Ethiopia
What You'll Bring
- Several years of work experience in technical project management with a proven track record managing digital projects Experience working with government and non-profit implementing partners with demonstrated experience in implementing large-scale ICT4D initiatives in low resource environments.
- Experience working with software development vendors and software developers; especially in agile software development, technical requirements gathering, quality assurance, and user administration.
- Familiarity with enterprise IT systems hardware and/or software design, development, deployment.
- Experience in leading enterprise Application Development utilizing software development lifecycle framework from requirements gathering to post-implementation product support, including quality assurance and system integration.
- Ability to manage a considerable volume of detail and of accurately summarizing project status to executives and stakeholders.
- Experience in improving project management tools and techniques to contribute to the management and optimization of multiple project teams.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal, and presentation), and interpersonal skills.
- Experience managing and tracking project budgets, forecasts, and schedules to achieve target scope, schedule, and cost.
- Ability to maintain relationships by engaging stakeholders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
You'll Impress Us If
- You have PMP or similar Program or Project Management CertificationYou have prior experience in international developing contexts or Low Middle Income Countries
As LMH strives to increase transparency into our compensation principles we are highlighting below more details around our compensation policy and benefits associated with this position. In line with our compensation principles, this position will pay at the 50th to 60th percentile of the market to which you are employed. We look forward to answering any questions you may have during the hiring process.
You can read about our competitive benefits offerings here.
Principles guiding our compensation policy:
- Data Driven: We benchmark salaries against large datasets containing compensation data from organizations with whom we compete for talent. We benchmark salaries for specific roles and specific candidate experience.
- Competitive: Candidates should be paid the most competitive salaries possible for their position given budgetary constraints. We aim to pay above market, typically between the 50th-60th percentile of the market.
- Transparent: Compensation policies should be transparent and easily understood. We want all candidates to understand how we set salaries and to know we aim to pay competitively.
- Equitable: Compensation should be implemented consistently across candidates of different identities, teams, and geographies, while keeping into account the different talent markets and economies we operate in.
- Responsible: LMH needs to operate in a sustainable way and practice good stewardship of our resources.
About Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health partners with governments to design, scale, strengthen, and sustain high-quality community health systems, which empower teams of community and frontline health workers to bring life-saving primary healthcare to the world’s most remote communities. LMH is a registered 501(c)3 non-profit organization with offices in Liberia, Boston and New York. For more information, visit www.lastmilehealth.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at LMH. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply:
Please submit your application here.