Country Director Ethiopia
Starting date: as soon as possible **
Duration position: 3 years
Working hours: 40 hours
We are here for our neighbours in need, who are suffering in this broken world.
ZOA, as an international NGO, supports people who have lost everything due to armed conflict or natural disaster. Together, we can come to their aid in emergencies and remain faithful to communities as they recover – providing new opportunities for them to help themselves again. The work of ZOA is coordinated from the Netherlands. We are active in multiple countries in Africa, South America, the Middle East Region, and Asia. We work with approximately 900 employees worldwide and with (local) partners. We invite you to join our team of committed colleagues.
ZOA is looking for a
Country Director Ethiopia
ZOA in Ethiopia
ZOA-Ethiopia works with IDPs, host populations, returnees, and a large population of refugees who fled a lethal combination of violence and drought in Somalia, South Sudan and Eritrea. ZOA supports IDPs through the construction of water points and latrines. ZOA also partners with IOM to provide emergency shelter kits. By providing dignity kit to women safety and dignity can be upheld even during times of crises. ZOA also provides emergency seeds and tools to promote food security and livelihood during displacement. Besides that, poor livelihood opportunities are a key driver behind irregular migration of young people in Ethiopia. ZOA participates in four consortia programmes, funded by the Dutch government, AECID and the European Union, that provide young refugees and Ethiopians with skills, employability trainings and job placements.
Would you like to read more about what it’s like working for ZOA? Check the interview with our former country director: https://www.zoa-international.com/news/90592/.
The Country Director is overall responsible for the programmes and operations of ZOA in Ethiopia.
Your challenge is to build, to manage, and to ensure the realisation of the objectives of all the ZOA Ethiopia programmes. Successfully moving projects and partnerships forward will require your people, as well as your managerial skills.
Your main tasks and responsibilities
- The Country Director is the legal representative of ZOA in Ethiopia;
- Overall Leadership and Management of the ZOA organisation in Ethiopia;
- Formulation and implementation of the Country Annual Plan;
- Programme formulation, development, implementation, and supervision;
- Overall responsible for the financial position;
- Human Resource Management for all staff;
- Maintaining relationships with all relevant actors in the country (networking, donor acquisition and legal representation);
- Participate in organisation wide programme and knowledge development;
- Security management.
- Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of ZOA;
- The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of ZOA.
- University graduate;
- At least five years of cross-cultural experience;
- At least five years of relevant management experience in an international setting;
- Good spoken and written command of English.
- Vision and strategic thinking;
- Decision making ability;
- Command of operations and finance;
- Conceptual and writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Cultural and organisational sensitivity;
- Participative leadership;
- Staff development.
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work in a dynamic and challenging environment.
Regular field visits/work and travels are required.
Do you need more information?
For more information about ZOA, please visit at our website www.zoa-international.com.
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Mr. Wil Omlo (HR Director), email email@example.com
How to apply:
Interested and you want to apply?
ZOA operates with an equal opportunities policy and is committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified women and men, people of all nationalities, and cultural backgrounds, and candidates with disabilities are welcome to apply.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly via the following link: https://www.zoa-international.com/vacancy/country-director-ethiopia/.
CV’s of no more than 5 pages in length are appreciated.
Please provide at least 3 references related to your previous employment listed in the application. References of previous positions held should not be older than five years.
Only selected candidates will be contacted and invited to participate in the process of recruitment. It is our aim to inform all other candidates of their status in the recruitment process within 4 weeks after the vacancy has closed. An assessment may be part of the recruitment procedure. Documents that do not match the profile above will not be considered. Internal candidates will have priority, in case of similar results.
Because ZOA highly values Integrity, we expect all colleagues to sign up for and adhere to our Code of Conduct. As part of its recruitment process, ZOA carries out rigorous background and reference checks for all candidates. As ZOA participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme, all reference checks include a written questionnaire, the “Statement of Conduct”, will be sent to past employers regarding Misconduct (such as sexual exploitation, abuse or harassment). This Statement of Conduct adopts the definitions used in the Scheme. The provision of references by ZOA will be subject to the Scheme as well.**