Area Manager - Gambella, Ethiopia.
The Area Manager has the overall responsibility for their designated area, and ensures that NRC´s programme in the area develops in line with NRC’s mandate, policies and country specific strategies. The Area Manager is leadership position and this is an exciting opportunity to join one of NRC's largest programmes in the East Africa & Yemen Region.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall leadership and oversight of the designated area
- Line management for senior project/programme staff and support functions
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Ensure Area compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
- Provide area specific input on Core Competency Strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Organize grants opening, review and closure meetings at area level
- Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
- Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
- Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and Core Competency Strategies
- Represent NRC and networking on area level
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
- Ensure overall security and safety of staff in the area
- Promote the rights of refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Minimum first level university degree in relevant and related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior Project Manager or similar, in a humanitarian/recovery context
Experience/specific skills& knowledge
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Strong leadership skills, with previous experience managing a team
- Experience working with displacement-affected populations
- Experience with a range of donors, with specific experience and knowledge of ECHO, EU, UNHCR, UNICEF and other major donors and foundations
- Experience in dealing with institutional actors and government authorities
- Experience in managing and leading programmes within partner networks and/or consortia
- Experience in organizational representation, coordination and liaison
- Experience of implementing multi-sectoral programming and of enabling the development and strengthening of resilience strategies
- Experience in working in the East Africa Region
- Excellent writing and analytical skills
- Understanding of Protection Principles
- Previous experience in managing consortia work
- Desirable: previous experience in the Horn of Africa
- Strong communication skills
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
For more information, here is the detailed job description.
Duty Station: Gambella, Ethiopia.
Type of Contract: 24 months renewable based on funding, performance, and the need for position
Salary: Based upon the NRC grading Scale
Internal candidates are encouraged to apply by clicking the '**briefcase icon'** at the top right corner of the NRC careers page that shows 'I am an employee'.
External Candidates with a demonstrated passion for the current work by NRC in Ethiopia are encouraged to apply too.
“Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Additional benefit and on-the-job training will be provided!”
How to apply:
Please click on the link to apply.