Area Manager - Bule Hora (Open only to Ethiopia nationals)
NRC in the East Africa & Yemen Region prides itself on being a leader in the service of refugees, internally displaced people and displacement communities. We strive to be a rapid responder and a pioneer in Hard to reach areas. We unlock durable solutions and make deliberate efforts towards a more sustainable impact in our programming.
NRC Ethiopia has seven Area Offices in: Addis, Shire, Gambella, Dollo Ado, Assosa, Jigjiga and Bole Hora in addition to the Country Office in Addis Ababa.
It is with this backdrop that we are seeking an Area Manager for our Area office in Bule Hora.
About the role:
The Area Manager has the overall responsibility for their designated area, and ensures that NRC´s programme in the area develops in line with NRC’s mandate, policies and country specific strategies. The Area Manager is leadership position and this is an exciting opportunity to join one of NRC's largest programmes in the East Africa & Yemen Region.
Profiles and backgrounds we are looking for:
- Minimum first level university degree in relevant and related field
- Minimum 5 years of experience from working as a senior Project Manager or similar, in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Strong leadership skills, with previous experience managing a team
- Experience working with displacement-affected populations
- Experience with a range of donors, with specific experience and knowledge of ECHO, EU, UNHCR, UNICEF and other major donors and foundations
- Experience in dealing with institutional actors and government authorities
Safe working conditions, valuable employee benefits and opportunities for learning and development. Challenging, meaningful and varied work! A strongly committed, diverse team in a well-known humanitarian knowledge organisation. Salary/benefits according to NRC’s salary scale and terms and conditions. This will be on a 2 year renewable contract.
Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.