Research Analyst - development economics projects (Ethiopia or Netherlands)
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies.
This vacancy is offered in Amsterdam, Netherlands (for candidates with a valid EU working permit), or in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia (for Ethiopian nationals).
Job Description & Key Responsibilities
As a Research Analyst, based in our Amsterdam office or in Addis Ababa, you will:
- Work on technical research projects – supporting the design of research instruments and research designs, conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, drafting sections of reports, and keeping clients updated on progress.
- Independently deliver high-quality sections of reports or data analysis – ensuring your deliverables are client-ready and on time.
- Work with a team – proactively communicating with team members to keep projects on track, paying attention to details, and escalating any risks or issues early.
You will be able to develop skills and experience in:
- Technical design of research projects, including sampling and impact evaluation methodologies.
- Project management and client communication.
- Data analysis, statistical techniques and coding.
- Report writing: drawing insights from data and presenting them in a client-ready, consultancy quality format.
This position is offered as a 1-year contract. Following this first contract, Laterite will be open to discuss possibilities of extension and, for colleagues based in the Netherlands, career development in one of our East African offices.
This position is suited to a recent graduate with an understanding of data analysis and motivation to work in social and economic research in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- A completed Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics, Data Science, Applied Economics or related field
- At least one year of professional experience in a similar role
- Strong quantitative data analysis skills and proficiency in Stata
- Experience working with at least one ODK-based platform (such as SurveyCTO, ODK, CommCare)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
In addition, we welcome:
- Previous work experience in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, self-motivation and drive to flourish in a fast-paced environment, where timelines can often be unpredictable.
- Knowledge of Python and/or R
How to apply:
Full job description and information on how to apply: http://bit.ly/RAnalyst-Jan2021